NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Headlamp washers not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
booto101

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:34    Post subject: Headlamp washers not working Reply with quote

Does anyone know when the washers work, I.e. Headlamps on, wipers on auto etc, and do I presume it's a separate pump?

Mine have stopped working but I don't know why or when, but it's going to bug me now......

It's an 03 100

Thanks guys
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 13:16    Post subject: Re: Headlamp washers not working Reply with quote

booto101 wrote:
Does anyone know when the washers work, I.e. Headlamps on, wipers on auto etc, and do I presume it's a separate pump?

Mine have stopped working but I don't know why or when, but it's going to bug me now......

It's an 03 100

Thanks guys

Hi ?????
You say yours have stopped working but what did you do to get them working before they stopped ?
booto101

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I can remember seeing a blast of water from the washers in the past which if I remember was when the headlamps were on, but now it doesn't happen anymore, so I was wondering what was the state of things prior to the headlamp washers working.
If the headlamps have to be on dipped beam, and the switch on auto for the wipers etc, then I know they are defective or it could be simply that I've not met the conditions for the headlamp washers to activate....
If that makes sense....

Obviously if there's a fault then I will dive into the fuse boxes etc and then see if it's a separate high pressure pump for the washers, I presume it's the same reservoir for the water as the windscreen (I can't ever recall seeing or filling another one).
It's one of those things that I cannot say I noticed when they stopped working.
I've spent a lot of time up and down the M6 in the last couple of weeks and noticed that the headlamps were getting filthy and dull that was when it dawned on me that the washers were not working.....

Thanks
Chris
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

booto101 wrote:
Hi
I can remember seeing a blast of water from the washers in the past which if I remember was when the headlamps were on, but now it doesn't happen anymore, so I was wondering what was the state of things prior to the headlamp washers working.
If the headlamps have to be on dipped beam, and the switch on auto for the wipers etc, then I know they are defective or it could be simply that I've not met the conditions for the headlamp washers to activate....
If that makes sense....

Obviously if there's a fault then I will dive into the fuse boxes etc and then see if it's a separate high pressure pump for the washers, I presume it's the same reservoir for the water as the windscreen (I can't ever recall seeing or filling another one).
It's one of those things that I cannot say I noticed when they stopped working.
I've spent a lot of time up and down the M6 in the last couple of weeks and noticed that the headlamps were getting filthy and dull that was when it dawned on me that the washers were not working.....

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris
Have you not tried pressing the button on the wiper stalk !
booto101

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may find this hard to believe but tonight I tried pressing the end of the wiper stalk and bloody hell they work....

I have been driving quite a lot of different motors lately and simply forgot how they worked,

I am now totally embarrassed but I have the dignity to hold my hands up and admit my mistake....

Oh well this old age thing will only worsen I fear....

Thanks Steve

Chris
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

booto101 wrote:
You may find this hard to believe but tonight I tried pressing the end of the wiper stalk and bloody hell they work....

I have been driving quite a lot of different motors lately and simply forgot how they worked,

I am now totally embarrassed but I have the dignity to hold my hands up and admit my mistake....

Thanks Steve

Chris

Hi Chris
Mine don't work like that, as long as I have the lights  and the wipers on, I just think ! I need clean headlights ! and they work (LOL)
Sorry could not resist that.
any way glad we sorted it
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

booto101 wrote:

Thanks Steve

Chris

Hi Chris
Mine don't work like that, as long as I have the lights  and the wipers on, I just think ! I need clean headlights ! and they work (LOL)
Sorry could not resist that.
any way glad we sorted it
Thurian33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine DON’T work!
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thurian33 wrote:
Mine DON’T work!

Very good
Thurian33

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

RADIOTWO wrote:
Thurian33 wrote:
Mine DON’T work!

Very good

That’s helpful!  Confused
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thurian33 wrote:
RADIOTWO wrote:
Thurian33 wrote:
Mine DON’T work!

Very good

That’s helpful!  Confused

Nor is Mine don't work !
Its no use adding a comment to a nearly 18 month old post, if you have a problem put it in a new post and saying model, year ETC and saying what
is not working and what you have done to try to get it to work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: