NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Where is the alarm siren located on my 2003 D4D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jpv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 18:41    Post subject: Where is the alarm siren located on my 2003 D4D Reply with quote

Hi, this is my very first post so apologies if I come across as a youngster! My alarm is going off at night when very cold temperatures are being experienced. It's January and it hasn't been above freezing for a couple of days. Embarrassingly, the alarm is going off at 03.00 each night and I know have very tired and p!!###ed off neighbours. It even goes off when I leave it unlocked. I've disconnected the horns under the bonnet but want to do the same for the siren. Could anyone help? I want to keep the flashing and immobiliser just cut the noise and give some sleep to my neighbours. Thanks in advance.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 18:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Trydeep

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 22:13    Post subject: Alarm Reply with quote

Might be of some help I have an Amazon Had same prob Siren located under front wing drivers side Two plugs in engine bay running to siren on that side Find one to siren and disconnect Hope this helps
Jpv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a look and see although the sound seems to be coming from the back wing. What year is your Amazon?
Trydeep

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 0:07    Post subject: Alarm Reply with quote

Amazon is 98 Are you sure it's not reverse alarm as this is located in boot area
Jpv

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks trydeep. All sorted. Now to put all the trim back!
Trydeep

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 22:08    Post subject: Alarm Reply with quote

What was solution?
Jpv

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gently dismantled the back plastic sidewall just enough to reach in and disconnect the power from the siren. Temporary solution but people can now sleep!
Trydeep

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 0:31    Post subject: Alarm Reply with quote

Nice one Glad  I could be of help . I think the prob is caused by moisture ingress therefore causing a short in siren unit. I disconnected mine about four years ago As immobiliser still functions I have no concerns
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: