All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Spare Wheel - Land Cruiser Invincible 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers / Service Providers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minibograt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 16:27    Post subject: Spare Wheel - Land Cruiser Invincible 2017 Reply with quote

Hi - My name is Peter and I'm new to forum.

Got an issue and seeking opinion.

New 17 reg Land Cruiser Invincible on road.

Problem with full size spare.

Upgraded to Style Pack and chose the black Pinnacle wheels and paid the extra to bring it virtually Invincible X spec
where those wheels are standard (or silver should I choose)

Car has arrived with 4 black and a silver spare - rejected and moaning

Dealer has never come across this before - nor had 6 other main Toyota dealers I asked

Toyota UK say it's right and not budging other than I, or somebody orders an additional one - £ 365

Doesn't help that it's a pall bearers car !!  That would look really cool behind the hearse ..

What you reckon ?

and under Consumer Law - my contract is with dealer, so why are Toyota getting involved ?

Style Pack in brochure states I can upgrade the wheels - but doesn't state whether it's 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 wheels
- just says wheels
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 16:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that on a vehicle which must cost around £45K that here is any discussion regarding a £365 wheel.
Dealer goodwill should sort it as they will sell off the silver spare anyway. I assume they will also get ongoing service income etc.
minibograt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sorted - at last. Now getting a matching black spare free of charge
Had to resort to dirty tactics and played an ace
I told Toyota that in the same week as they were patting themselves on the back for their
£1/2 billion investment in the UK, and all the publicity it gave them, I too would give them some
balancing media coverage :

I advised them that the Land Cruiser is a pall bearers car for my funeral business and I have a
funeral lined up for today.

I intended to place the silver alloy on the n/s/f and video the procession behing the hearse and expose them
on Social Media as well as a copy to paul.vanderburgh@tgb.toyoya.co.uk - UK CEO

That centered Toyota UK's mind somewhat resulting in sense prevailing

David 1 : Goliath 0

I have a feeling that they may now be correcting their website and reprinting all brochures to cleary
state that an upgrade is a set of 4 - not just an ambiguous unspecific number

BTW :  the car was £58k + £2k upgrade - I got it on the road for £ 52k

Oh - I'm a retired Trucking insurance broker (I hate funerals)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers / Service Providers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: