Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Advice on fitting a replacement rear shock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chriswil

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 17:34    Post subject: Advice on fitting a replacement rear shock Reply with quote

Well, I was working in Denmark all last week and when I got back last night my heart sank as I pulled up in the taxi from the airport and saw my LC100 sitting on its haunches. I look underneath confirmed my fears as there was a pool of suspension fluid next to the right-hand wheel. After reading other posts, I decided to opt for the "cut a hole in the floor" option to get at the top fixings. It was a good call as the bolts and 22mm nut were very tight. Anyway shock is now out and I have ordered a new one along with some fluid from Milners.
I used a 3 and 3/8ths inch hole saw. Drilling point was 1.5" to the rear of the centre of the body mount bung and 6" towards the right wheel arch. The centre drill was right above the square hydraulic connector  on top of the shock.

When fitting the replacement, I would like to know if you need to prime fill the new shock with fluid before/during fitting or will the system automatically purge any air out of the shocks when bled from the sphere bleed point?

Thanks

Chris
1979 Honda CBX 1000
2008 Hobby 720UKFE
Cairn Terrier (one careful owner)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 17:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

BobMurphy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:49    Post subject: Re: Advice on fitting a replacement rear shock Reply with quote

When I replaced my front rams I raised the suspension then bled each line at the actuators. finally, raising it to 'high' and then back to 'low' should purge any remaining air out of the system.

I didn't do anything special and its worked fine since.

Bob.
chriswil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob

Many thanks for the reply, I will be fitting the new one on Saturday.

Regards

Chris
1979 Honda CBX 1000
2008 Hobby 720UKFE
Cairn Terrier (one careful owner)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: