Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fuel pump clicks off when refuelling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vlad120

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:31    Post subject: Fuel pump clicks off when refuelling Reply with quote

Hi all,
just bought a 2005 Landcruiser LC4 Auto (73000 miles) and found that when refuelling the pump cuts off almost instantly when squeezed all the way. So in order to fill up the car i have to squeeze the pump only about a quarter. i tried several pumps and holding the nozzle almost out.
The garage I bought it from gave me 3 months warranty and I am taking it to them Monday but they don't really know what can be. initially they told me that they have to order a part from Toyota and later they called me to say that that part does not exist (something like a filter or a valve of some sort).
Now they've told me I have to leave the car overnight, they might need to take the fuel tank off.
Does anyone know what could be or has anyone come across this?
Thanks
Vlad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the filler pipe it has a small pipe running along side it, this is to let air in when filling FILLER PIPE

This could be blocked, so stopping it from venting.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
vlad120

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Andy, I will get them to check that. Do you know where the small pipe ends by any chance? I've read generally this pipe would go to a charcoal canister,  but did not find anything specifically for the LC 120 and the garage say this car does not have a charcoal canister

Thanks
Vlad
andy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

The small pipe comes from the tank, and then joins the main tube just below the filler at the top. cant see and filter listed on the parts diagram.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
vlad120

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
The small pipe comes from the tank, and then joins the main tube just below the filler at the top. cant see and filter listed on the parts diagram.

We'll have a look monday, thank you for your help!
Les63

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 20:21    Post subject: Fuel filler problem Reply with quote

Hi all as we know the filler pipe is prone to corrosion ,so maybe worth a look to see if there has been a botched repair job done on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: