Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

rear suspension always stuck at low setting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 14:37    Post subject: rear suspension always stuck at low setting Reply with quote

i cannot get my rear suspension back into the normal or high mode Crying or Very sad   .. i have heard of this happening on this forum, but it was always the back high and the front low so the back is really high ..can this work in reverse as in my problem ..and what is the cure .. spheres, loom ect.. i noticed it had some work done on the rear height control 2 years ago bythe  toyota telford branch..can it be the same problem after only 23 months ..  i have read the manual but cannot make head nor tail of it .. it said somewhere you have to press the control button twice for something and i cannot grasp the idea .. any helpful advice  would be welcome as i am hitching up the cxaravan and tugging it to cornwall for 2 weeks wednesday .. Confused
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 14:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 19:37    Post subject: Re: rear suspension always stuck at low setting Reply with quote

bushburywolf wrote:
i cannot get my rear suspension back into the normal or high mode Crying or Very sad   .. i have heard of this happening on this forum, but it was always the back high and the front low so the back is really high ..can this work in reverse as in my problem ..and what is the cure .. spheres, loom ect.. i noticed it had some work done on the rear height control 2 years ago bythe  toyota telford branch..can it be the same problem after only 23 months ..  i have read the manual but cannot make head nor tail of it .. it said somewhere you have to press the control button twice for something and i cannot grasp the idea .. any helpful advice  would be welcome as i am hitching up the cxaravan and tugging it to cornwall for 2 weeks wednesday .. Confused

Hi Bushburywolf

the problem has been on the forum, but I have had simular problems under warranty, and it was the sensors, so don't know what was the done.

I have heard that it is water that gets in, and there is a modified unit, but will be expencive, I beleive they can be stripped down (But)

Mine had done it a couple of times since, but by operating it to the top and down and up again it came ok!

Radiotwo
Nor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably your sensor.  The rear one is really easy to take off and check.  Just unscrew the little bolt on the linkage, unplug the connector, and unscrew the bracket, two bolts.  Then you can open it (4 screws) and check for corrosion inside, on the three little brass springs that connects the plug at the back to the carbon traces in the lid/cover. Particularly at the bottom end of them.  Clean it up, contact-spray, and seal it with something better than the original O-ring under the cover.
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's been ok for a while now   (thanks nor for that information) .. .. i just put a load of weight in the rear when loading up the car for a holiday, and it came back to normal when i started it up to hitch up the caravan

i did notice that it must have a memory system, and it changes to the  high position when started up most times, i can put it into low then and it comes down as the front comes up, it returns to the normal flashing/steady light .. then it's ok until the next morning or so .. then back again  i just repeat what i did the last time ,but it is rather annoying

i may invest in a fault reader too, as i feel the other battery may have a fault too after i changed one after an alarm problem and it still goes off at awkward times like a voltage dip or sensor too finely adjusted ..just need to know where the adjuster is and how to get at it and which way to turn it .. oh.. come and do it for me .. lol
Nor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still think you have probs w a sensor, or a connector.  The AHC computer doesn't know quite what the hight is until it has run it up & down a bit.
Those are exactly the symptoms I had, and getting worse, until I fixed the sensor.  So now there is no hanky-panky anymore. Just the right hight at all times, with only small adjustments according to load & road.
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 0:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes thanks again for 2 brilliant posts again  nor Very Happy
i just want to know if the innards to the sensor will fly out all over the place, and with my luck i will not be able to put it all back together  Crying or Very sad  
i'd like to see a picture or drawing first before i attempt a repair, as it is not in my manual about the AHC at all,
and lastly you mentionrd about sealing with something better than the o ring .. would bath silicone caulking suffice ??  worth a shot i bet ..

thanks again
Keith
Nor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah. Nothing will fly. There are those 3 little connector springs, but they don't have much "springiness".  They come out only a few mm when you unscrew the lid, and on mine they where stuck in the bottom of their holes.

Silicone sounds good, but if you use oil inside, it ought to be gasket-silicone.
Give it a try.
Some pix...
In the 2nd one you can see that two of the springs and their "holes" are slightly corroded, and you can see where some moisture has seeped through the groove for the o-ring next to the three contacts.

[/img]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: