All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Advice on Landcruiser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr-mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:23    Post subject: Advice on Landcruiser Reply with quote

Hi,

I am John from Leuchars and looking at getting a Landcruiser for a few reasons.

1. My Grandad is now living on own, has dementia and I am closest family in an emergency so need a vehicle I can get to him in any weather.  And have about 30min country roads (that can get snow and flooding) and 15min motorway (that can also get decent snow)... Times on a good day.

2. Wee lad is autistic so if we take him out in wilds I can get vehicle off road as close as I can to where we will be mucking about.  He can't talk and has no concept of danger so again ability to get places like hosp or doc in any conditions.  Getting stuck would just be impossible for him having meltdowns.  As would a long walk to car if he's having a meltdown.

3. If wee lad gets soaked or muddy etc then have a bit more room than a car to get him dry and changed without standing outside getting cold.

4. Will also be used to tow.

Anyway for that unusual list of requirements I have some requirements to try and tick off. Landcruiser looks best bet for room esp in rear seats compared to most.  Without doubt it ticks off reliable go anywhere lump that is up at top of tree with very best for unlikely to get stuck.

Plan on two sets of wheels one with more summer and better weather tyres and one with proper winter/rough stuff set.

I am looking at 05-08 years 3.0 manual probably as in my circumstances budget isn't high so to my questions.

1st Is there any way you can think that it would be reasonably easy and possible to mount a 4/5 point race style harness on one of middle row of seats (wee man will not stay under a normal belt and is now getting too big for harnessed seat wee have.

2nd Is there any way at all to have middle row centre removed like a passage to rear (ie remove middle centre or a replacement seat thats only 1 wide where double wide would usually be)

In the 05-08 range is there isofix on any of seats? For wee lass's seat.  Though tbh not essential just interested.

If you have any advice at all based on above set of requirements.  Answers to questions or just some handy info i haven't asked but you think would help me.  Please please drop us a reply.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mr-mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or would i be better with earlier model? Seeing as seems to be quite a lot of talk about corrosion now on 120???
andy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I cant help with the seats, but with the question on rust I would go for the newest model you can afford, they will all have different degree's of rust, just depends if they have been treated and what they have been used for, also the area that they have been used, generally Japanese imports will be better as they don't use salt on the roads, and vehicles that have been used to launch boats will be bad, you really need to get under and dirty to find out for yourself.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
mr-mac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for advice Smile

After finding fb page posted there too and decided as close to 05 as poss and thinking lc100 v8 with LPG or lc120 with v6 lpg as the petrol ones are a chink cheaper for same condition.

Doesn't look like i can do what i want with seats so either smaller middle row one can come out but do have idea if buy a spare S/h wider one it can maybe be diy'd to a single seat .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: