4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Spare wheel mounting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterG61

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 0:06    Post subject: Spare wheel mounting Reply with quote

Does anyone have any idea where I could get the mounting to attach the spare wheel to my Amazon? (2000 model)

I've just bought it and the spare wheel was chucked in the back, which isn't very useful in terms of space or it moving around.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 0:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:17    Post subject: Re: Spare wheel mounting Reply with quote

PeterG61 wrote:
Does anyone have any idea where I could get the mounting to attach the spare wheel to my Amazon? (2000 model)

I've just bought it and the spare wheel was chucked in the back, which isn't very useful in terms of space or it moving around.

When you say mounting which type are you looking for ?
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

since my last post I have found this :
https://www.roughtrax4x4.com/genuine-toyota-spare-wheel-carrier-assembly.html
sal77

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

RADIOTWO wrote:

I could do with this part too, mine has been seized for a while now. Hurts me seeing a brand new tyre stuck as spare which hasn't been wound down a good few years. I'm sure that spare is too old to use now.

Is it a complicated replacement process to change the above part?
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

sal77 wrote:
RADIOTWO wrote:

I could do with this part too, mine has been seized for a while now. Hurts me seeing a brand new tyre stuck as spare which hasn't been wound down a good few years. I'm sure that spare is too old to use now.

Is it a complicated replacement process to change the above part?

Hi
Don't know what happend to the original poster, I am sure they must think the replys are posted through there letter box !
but to your question, I have never done one as I keep mine well greased, but if it is that sized then I would hold up the wheel with some straps
then grind off the old cable, then the easy bit it is held on with four bolts,undo and fit new winch
sal77

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll keep the advice in mind for the next time the car goes for some work to the garage and get it sorted.
PeterG61

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your suggestion, RADIOTWO, it would seem to be the same part as for the Hilux. Existing one totally rusted and sheared off. If only people could understand just how useful grease is!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: