Adrian Flux : 01553 845 945

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  TLOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD

driveing on sand


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nissan
Newbie


Joined: 01 Dec 2018
Posts: 8
Location: israel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 14:01    Post subject: driveing on sand Reply with quote

hello
my car is : toyota land cruiser 150 4L V6 282HP year 2017
and i have in issue

When I travel in the sand I lower the air pressure to 10PSI
Trying to climb a dune in the middle of the climb
The columns fall to 1500 rpm
And of course you can not continue because the car stopped
In other vehicles(not toyota), the columns do not descend
But break off for a second and return
I believe there is protection on the engine
How can this be solved?
And I also disconnected the ABS cable
Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
Google
Sponsor





PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 14:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!


Back to top
RADIOTWO
*****


Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Posts: 695
Location: GLOSSOP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 19:26    Post subject: Re: driveing on sand Reply with quote

nissan wrote:
hello
my car is : toyota land cruiser 150 4L V6 282HP year 2017
and i have in issue

When I travel in the sand I lower the air pressure to 10PSI
Trying to climb a dune in the middle of the climb
The columns fall to 1500 rpm
And of course you can not continue because the car stopped
In other vehicles(not toyota), the columns do not descend
But break off for a second and return
I believe there is protection on the engine
How can this be solved?
And I also disconnected the ABS cable
Thanks


Hi
First we have different technology but what do you mean by "The columns fall to 1500 rpm" ?

and depending what you mean why have you disconnected the ABS cable
_________________
2004 Amazon 100 series
Steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
nissan
Newbie


Joined: 01 Dec 2018
Posts: 8
Location: israel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey
When I climb the dune, the columns reach 5500 rpm
Then suddenly the vehicle was stopped and the columns fell to 1500 rpm
If I try to keep the compound to 5000 rpm the vehicle continues as usual
I guess it's engine protection
Regarding the second question
I disconnect the cable to Turn off traction
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
RADIOTWO
*****


Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Posts: 695
Location: GLOSSOP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

nissan wrote:
Hey
When I climb the dune, the columns reach 5500 rpm
Then suddenly the vehicle was stopped and the columns fell to 1500 rpm
If I try to keep the compound to 5000 rpm the vehicle continues as usual
I guess it's engine protection
Regarding the second question
I disconnect the cable to Turn off traction


Yes but whats a "Column" ?
_________________
2004 Amazon 100 series
Steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
nissan
Newbie


Joined: 01 Dec 2018
Posts: 8
Location: israel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Columns
  This is the clock that shows the rpm
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
RADIOTWO
*****


Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Posts: 695
Location: GLOSSOP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

nissan wrote:
Columns
  This is the clock that shows the rpm


As I said you have different descriptions of things, but now I get it but sounds as if you are in too high a gear, is it Auto or Manual ?
but you will have to say a bit more like the type of box, did you have the centre diff locked, low range or what ?

but as said before why did you disconnect the ABS cable that hes nothing to do with traction
_________________
2004 Amazon 100 series
Steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
nissan
Newbie


Joined: 01 Dec 2018
Posts: 8
Location: israel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
I have automatic Bםס
I tried auto mode but the gears move fast and can not climb
I switch to manual mode and go into first gear starts driving and immediately moves into second gear
And remained on second gear
Of course in both modes I am working on the LOW mode
I also have a back and front lock I also checked when they locked
About disconnecting cable
To get 100 percent off of
Turn off the Traction and Control controllers

Sharpen the subject
If I try not to pass the 5000 rpm the vehicle continues to travel
As soon as I reach 5500 rpm, the vehicle is stopped and there is no pull
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
nissan
Newbie


Joined: 01 Dec 2018
Posts: 8
Location: israel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Turn off your traction and stability controls"
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
RADIOTWO
*****


Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Posts: 695
Location: GLOSSOP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

nissan wrote:
Thanks
I have automatic Bםס
I tried auto mode but the gears move fast and can not climb
I switch to manual mode and go into first gear starts driving and immediately moves into second gear
And remained on second gear
Of course in both modes I am working on the LOW mode
I also have a back and front lock I also checked when they locked
About disconnecting cable
To get 100 percent off of
Turn off the Traction and Control controllers

Sharpen the subject
If I try not to pass the 5000 rpm the vehicle continues to travel
As soon as I reach 5500 rpm, the vehicle is stopped and there is no pull

You have totally baffled me but cannot understand why you have the revs around 5000 my 100 is doing 70MPH at 2000 RPM
_________________
2004 Amazon 100 series
Steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
nissan
Newbie


Joined: 01 Dec 2018
Posts: 8
Location: israel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend
Forget what has been said so far
We'll go step by step with your permission

What steps are needed to climb sand dunes?
40 degrees
80 meters
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
RADIOTWO
*****


Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Posts: 695
Location: GLOSSOP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

nissan wrote:
My friend
Forget what has been said so far
We'll go step by step with your permission

What steps are needed to climb sand dunes?
40 degrees
80 meters


To be fair I have never driven on sand dunes the nearest I have been is to pull on the beach
But I think I know what you are saying but I guess you need a lot of speed, so thats why you are getting to 5000 rpm,
so I wonder if there is a rev limiter, so if running low range that might get you to that point
try all the same again but do it in high range but with all diff locks in.
is it Petrol or diesel ?
_________________
2004 Amazon 100 series
Steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
nissan
Newbie


Joined: 01 Dec 2018
Posts: 8
Location: israel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

toyota land cruiser 150 4L V6 282HP year 2017

What I begin to understand from reading articles
That I'm getting to the point
Flat Spot
High RPM cut-off
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
RADIOTWO
*****


Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Posts: 695
Location: GLOSSOP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

nissan wrote:
toyota land cruiser 150 4L V6 282HP year 2017

What I begin to understand from reading articles
That I'm getting to the point
Flat Spot
High RPM cut-off


You still have not said which fuel ?
_________________
2004 Amazon 100 series
Steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
nissan
Newbie


Joined: 01 Dec 2018
Posts: 8
Location: israel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

petrol
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


All contents © Hobson's Choice IT Solutions Ltd 1997 on
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group