NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Hi!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Landcruiser84

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 16:36    Post subject: Hi! Reply with quote

Hi all!

I've been looking at getting a new family vehicle. It needs to be a 7 seater, 4wd and a petrol engine. And a jap import land cruiser 4.7 v8 fits the bill perfectly! I'd be looking at around a 2002/2003 model.

From what I can tell, the jap version of the 100 series is lower spec compared to the equivalent UK spec amazon? From the pics I can't see any controls for air suspension height, or any controls for heated seats?

Does anybody know what else might be different between the models, and anything I need to check before looking at purchasing one thru a jap auction?

Any help, guidance, information or abuse welcome 😂

Thank you 👍

Ian 😊
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 16:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 16:49    Post subject: Re: Hi! Reply with quote

Landcruiser84 wrote:
Hi all!

I've been looking at getting a new family vehicle. It needs to be a 7 seater, 4wd and a petrol engine. And a jap import land cruiser 4.7 v8 fits the bill perfectly! I'd be looking at around a 2002/2003 model.

From what I can tell, the jap version of the 100 series is lower spec compared to the equivalent UK spec amazon? From the pics I can't see any controls for air suspension height, or any controls for heated seats?

Does anybody know what else might be different between the models, and anything I need to check before looking at purchasing one thru a jap auction?

Any help, guidance, information or abuse welcome 😂

Thank you 👍

Ian 😊

Hi
(what Pictures)
cannot help on the lesser spec, but the controls for the seats are on the centre console at the side of the gear leaver but they don't have air suspension it is a hydrolic system, but they can have some issues and if they need repairing can be very expensive, but it you can stretch to a later model, as they changed the auto gear box to 5 speed, and unless you are after a gas conversion I would go for the diesel
Landcruiser84

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

All the pics on the auction sites, I mainly use a jap auction site called trade car view. I'm on my phone at the min so struggling to upload them to the forum...but I definitely can't see the controls for the suspension, it's like a small cubby hole for coins there instead, at the side of the auto box lever. The heated seat switches are blanks too. Which means less things to go wrong I guess 😂

Regarding petrol vs diesel, we do only want petrol. Don't like diesels 😂 too much hassle. Don't like lpg either. Don't mind poor fuel consumption, as it'll still be better than cars I've had in the past 😂

Thanks again 👍

Ian 😊
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landcruiser84 wrote:
Hi,

All the pics on the auction sites, I mainly use a jap auction site called trade car view. I'm on my phone at the min so struggling to upload them to the forum...but I definitely can't see the controls for the suspension, it's like a small cubby hole for coins there instead, at the side of the auto box lever. The heated seat switches are blanks too. Which means less things to go wrong I guess 😂

Regarding petrol vs diesel, we do only want petrol. Don't like diesels 😂 too much hassle. Don't like lpg either. Don't mind poor fuel consumption, as it'll still be better than cars I've had in the past 😂

Thanks again 👍

Ian 😊

Ian
There is a few on that site so you will have to link to the exact one, but the ones I have seen has the switches (although the pictures are very small) but I still cannot see what "hassle" a diesel is all you have to do is drop the oil and filters no messing with spark plugs !
I cannot remember the last time I bought a spark plug but I bet they are about £10 each and that is £80 before you do anything else
Landcruiser84

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the emissions rubbish related to diesels, we currently have a jap import trooper 3.1td that was a nightmare to get thru it's emissions test for its mot. I work in the motor trade, and it was still a pita. We don't do the mileage to warrant a diesel, would much rather have a smooth v6/v8 petrol. Mpg doesn't bother me either, our trooper doesn't get more than high teens to the gallon. Worst I've ever had is a discovery v8, it had an overfuelling issue which made it use pretty much a full tank of fuel in 100 miles. The cruiser would be better than that, so I'm happy 😂

Spark plugs are easy to change in general, unless your working on a Ford triton v8. In which case they'll probably snap.

I'll see if I can upload a pic of the cruiser I was looking at, it was a dark grey model, 2002.

Ian 😊
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landcruiser84 wrote:
All the emissions rubbish related to diesels, we currently have a jap import trooper 3.1td that was a nightmare to get thru it's emissions test for its mot. I work in the motor trade, and it was still a pita. We don't do the mileage to warrant a diesel, would much rather have a smooth v6/v8 petrol. Mpg doesn't bother me either, our trooper doesn't get more than high teens to the gallon. Worst I've ever had is a discovery v8, it had an overfuelling issue which made it use pretty much a full tank of fuel in 100 miles. The cruiser would be better than that, so I'm happy 😂

Spark plugs are easy to change in general, unless your working on a Ford triton v8. In which case they'll probably snap.

I'll see if I can upload a pic of the cruiser I was looking at, it was a dark grey model, 2002.

Ian 😊

Hi Again
Yes I get what you say but I have not had a petrol vehicle for many years as I find servicing for a diesel is so simple and the oldest diesel I have is my 2004 Landcruiser  and every time I have a MOT they say how good the emissions are.

I think you will struggle getting a picture on the site as I think you have to do so many post first can you not just copy the URL of the exact car ?, but on a serious note I would if you can afford it is to go for a 2004 onwards

here is one I have spotted on the site, its a 2001 but the pictures show it has heated seats and suspension switch:
https://www.tradecarview.com/used_car_smart/toyota/land+cruiser/23908504/
Landcruiser84

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

/used_car/toyota/land+cruiser/23834550/?isNew=1

Hope that worked?

Thanks 👍

Also, is 2004 a better model than a 2003/2004 for a number of reasons kinda thing, or just on the basis of the newer the better?

Thanks again

Ian 😊
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landcruiser84 wrote:
/used_car/toyota/land+cruiser/23834550/?isNew=1

Hope that worked?

Thanks 👍

Also, is 2004 a better model than a 2003/2004 for a number of reasons kinda thing, or just on the basis of the newer the better?

Thanks again

Ian 😊

Hi Ian
no that link did not work, when you have the page you are looking at just copy the whole link (inc) the http bit and then paste
into the page and then all I have to do is click on the link and takes me to the exact page, did you look at that link I sent ?

and as for the 2004 and older I think the main thing is the later one is a five speed box and from what others have said there is some more refinements,
but I am not sure what.
Landcruiser84

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to post the full link but I haven't reached the post requirement yet. I'll have a look at the 2004 models, it's just with import charges and registration fees the amount it'd cost overall soon shoots up 😂
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landcruiser84 wrote:
I tried to post the full link but I haven't reached the post requirement yet. I'll have a look at the 2004 models, it's just with import charges and registration fees the amount it'd cost overall soon shoots up 😂

Here is one for a laugh !
https://www.motors.co.uk/car-51302691/?i=41&m=ds
Landcruiser84

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell that's a bit much!!!! 😂😂 I know they're awesome cars but still, that's a bit rich 😂😂 or at least you'd want to be to buy it at the asking price 😂😂
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: