All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

central locking button not locking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cruiseruk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 22:23    Post subject: central locking button not locking Reply with quote

hi guys i have 1998 colorado swb the central locking from the door lock works but the button inside only unlocks the doors wont lock them ? i have tried another switch still same issue any ideas ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 22:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

modvrs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had the same issue it was a broken wire in the door to body loom at the A-pillar
cruiseruk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks i will check that today and report back Smile
cbv8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 18:20    Post subject: Re: central locking button not locking Reply with quote

cruiseruk wrote:
hi guys i have 1998 colorado swb the central locking from the door lock works but the button inside only unlocks the doors wont lock them ? i have tried another switch still same issue any ideas ?

All my doors lock every time no problem but intermittently chooses to unlock all the doors when it fancies the drivers door always unlocks but i do notice a couple of jiggles with the key opens them all i have yet to investigate  Laughing
DaveWall

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above the wiring harness that goes into the driver's door suffers fatigue and broken wires from constant bending....

Don't even bother getting a price for a new harness it's something silly like £250 depending on what options you have etc!

I have re soldered several of the wires when I had a driver's side electric window that would only work with the door open! Real handy!

Easy fix though,just be patient with your multimeter!
MikeyB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once a week my drivers door switch goes dead. The only way to fix it is to shut all the doors and use the key in the boot keylock, i lock it then unlock it and magic the one in the car works again. This fix has worked hundreds of times for me and never fails so i dont bother investigating further
tim falce

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread resurrection time. How many power wires go to the drivers door? My drivers door lock has packed up after being intermittent for a few days, the actuator works if I put 12v direct to it and all electric windows work as does the drivers mirror, all doors except the drivers door will lock from the key fob and the lock button on the arm rest. The problem started shortly after I used the door switch to lock the car while I was inside.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: