NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

forum swap :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:00    Post subject: forum swap :) Reply with quote

Hi all..just thought id introduce myself...cruiser (series 90 colorado) owner for the last mmmm 14 yrs !!!! lolol at weekend i traded the trusty old beast in for...for....doh yet another cruiser !!! lol this time a LC5 D4D 2007 65k on clock.....

just starting to look through the forum re this vehicle and there seams to be only 2 main issues lol...the *beep* satnav that doesnt do postcodes..and any upgrade to the OE radio ! Smile

first thing ill be looking to do is get some bluetooth/handsfree option in the car for my phone......had a parrot in the last truck.........has any lc5 owneres managed to solve these two thorny issues ? Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

johnthegrinch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i'm in the same position but I kept my trusty 90 series and now have a 2003 LC5 as well!

Solved my hands free - " I just had a Bury CC9058 installed by my local shop - Finsbury Car Audio in the Blackstock road N4 - and they (finally!) found the cables to connect it through the car audio system.  It works well  - the radio mutes when a phone call comes through and it plays through the existing speakers."  

The satnav is is a real pain but I've started using google maps on my iPhone and it works fine!

best of luck

John
Juddian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on getting the 120, hope it proves to be as good as the 90 was.

I'm happy enough with the Audio system, the Satnav is overcomplicated and frustrating to use and quite honestly i'd simply buy a Garmin with Digi Traffic instead,  make sure it's Digi Traffic and not live or any other traffic because there is a big difference.
The digi traffic Garmin fitted in my work lorry you are able to use exactly like the old Trafficmaster system i once owned, ie before a journey you can scan the whole country in seconds and make a judgement which of the probably several different routes you could use, i seldom need a satnav to find my way about so use the ''traffic'' function almost exclusively with no destination needing to be entered.

No help to you with the hands free as i use a VTIN over the head headset, rarely enough to be fair,  some of the better Garmin satnavs have their own bluetooth built in, so you might kill 2 birds with one stone here, however i have no idea how good the hands free facility works on one.
Wildmutt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this any good? Found thread in ICE Sat nav section.

https://androidautoshop.com/toyota/181-1372-toyota-prado-land-cruiser-120-tesla-104-touch-screen-android-60-2gb-64gb-entertainment-system.html#/26-map-europe

Keeping everyone happy is impossible. Pissing them off is a piece of cake......I like cake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: