Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Parrot handsfree

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:04    Post subject: Parrot handsfree Reply with quote

Just in  the market for a handsfree setup for the truck....one national installer commented that they dont support or recommend Parrot kist anymore becuase its all being discontinued !!! ???

ive neber heard that  ahev you ?

cheers

Toyota Colorado for 14yrs ! Smile
Toyota Landcruiser LC5 2007
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wolfy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

just had this from an installer

"Many thanks for coming back to me.

The Parrot products are no longer being made and they have also closed down their UK offices recently; we are still supplying their products as they are available on the market to purchase but are no longer being produced, and we do advise against their products unless a customer has already used their range in the past and wants to stick with their products.

Kind regards,

Juddian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of those fitted in my last lorry, it managed to work for about 6 months at the most before needing to be repaired time and again.
Ironically i only used the thing once myself, and was so impressed...not...that i never bothered with it again and continued to use, and still do, my VTIN bluetooth headset.
It was other drivers using my vehicle when off shift defecting it, i never did bother with it again and would quite happily have ripped it out by the roots and chucked it in the skip.

I now have an all singing all dancing new lorry complete with integrated bluetooth, guess what? yep the inbuilt bluetooth is as much use as a chocolate teapot, so i've upgraded my VTIN headset for a new version 4 model, same make, a whole £17 IIRC and works brilliantly.
wolfy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

guess its true then.....

this direct from Parrot.....so no more updates to software etc.....

"Hello Paul,

Thank you for contacting Parrot Customer Support. My name is Olympia and I will be assisting you with your case # 1296795.

Hope you are having a lovely day, in regards to your question, kindly note that Parrot Carkits have been manufacturer discontiuned.

Please press reply on this email and let me know if you found the above information was helpful in resolving your issue. I look forward to your response.

It is always our aim at Parrot to provide you, our customer, with top quality service to the best of our ability.

Best Regards,
Olympia L.
Parrot Customer Support
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
+44(0)2034815677

To ensure we receive your response, please do not modify any formatting or content of the original message (including any reference codes or footers)."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: