Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Mileage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:54    Post subject: Mileage Reply with quote

Good morning all, I’m new here and looking at purchasing my 1st Land Cruiser after owning and driving land rovers for nearly 30 years! (Don’t hang me just yet please!) anyhow I’ve finally got fed up with reliability issues so I’m looking at a 2004 Amazon. My question is should I be concerned with mileage? I’ve seen 2 both look very clean one has 173k full service history and the other 48k but limited history and more owners.

So is 173k worth considering still?

Regards Ryan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about the mileage, and the one with lower could be more of a problem, maybe it's never got hot and been a shopping car, look underneath on both for rust.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Ryan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the reply Andy! My gut was telling me not to worry about the mileage too much on a 4.2 and the 170k is more like it should be on a 2004. Usual stuff then rot in the chassis then. Cheers
hodgy0_2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, 178k is no problem imv (with all the usual caveats)

mine (4.2 LC100) is on 260k, uses no oil and starts before I have finished turning the key

I had RR's before, the difference in build quality/reliability is stark
Juddian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mileage on its own doesn't kill Landcruisers because if looked after properly they can and will last you half a lifetime, neglect and corrosion will however kill them.

The very first place you look when viewing any Landcruiser is underneath, often that is the sum total of my viewing of any particular example and i'm off home again 5 minutes later.

Just like with LandRovers, there are some highly polished turds about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: