4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Dim headlights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 15:56    Post subject: Dim headlights Reply with quote

Hi all, I have a 2001 100 series amazon and love it! However at night I feel like I’m driving by candle light with dim yellowish coloured light? The highbeam is usable but side lights and dipped very poor so I’ve taken to driving with fog lights also.  So the question is have any of you guys upgraded the bulbs or indeed headlight units to get improved performance?
Regards Ryan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 15:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had a problem with the lights, maybe you need to go  through all connections, maybe a bad earth or plug on the back of bulbs, the other thing is that you can upgrade the wiring with thicker wire and relays, maybe someone on here can explain more.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 13:27    Post subject: Re: Dim headlights Reply with quote

Ryan wrote:
Hi all, I have a 2001 100 series amazon and love it! However at night I feel like I’m driving by candle light with dim yellowish coloured light? The highbeam is usable but side lights and dipped very poor so I’ve taken to driving with fog lights also.  So the question is have any of you guys upgraded the bulbs or indeed headlight units to get improved performance?
Regards Ryan

Hi Ryan
I have put Hids in mine and has made a hell of difference
Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 16:22    Post subject: Re: Dim headlights Reply with quote

RADIOTWO wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Regards Ryan

Hi Ryan

Many thanks Steve, have you any info on the HID’s what make and where purchased etc?

Regards aryan
Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
I never had a problem with the lights, maybe you need to go  through all connections, maybe a bad earth or plug on the back of bulbs, the other thing is that you can upgrade the wiring with thicker wire and relays, maybe someone on here can explain more.

Many thanks Andy will get all that checked 👍 it passed a recent MOT with the lights as is but they truly are woeful!

Regards Ryan
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 18:57    Post subject: Re: Dim headlights Reply with quote

Ryan wrote:
RADIOTWO wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Regards Ryan

Hi Ryan

Many thanks Steve, have you any info on the HID’s what make and where purchased etc?

Regards aryan

Hi again aryan
I have had mine for some years now but these are the type and who I got then from:
https://www.hids-direct.co.uk/categories/hid-kits/hid-kits-by-vehicle-type/hid-kits-for-cars
but looking at the site they seem to be all out of stock but I put 50W and 6000K
I assume yours is the 100 series and have two lamps one for dip and one for high beam, I
have only done the low beam and cannot remember the bulb type I think something like HB8 or 9
and just for a bit of info the 6000k is a very white light not a blue tint, personally I don't like the blue tint

Hope that is what you need but give us a shout if you need any more info
Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 19:49    Post subject: Re: Dim headlights Reply with quote

RADIOTWO wrote:
Ryan wrote:
RADIOTWO wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Regards Ryan

Hi Ryan

Regards aryan

Hi again aryan
I have had mine for some years now but these are the type and who I got then from:
https://www.hids-direct.co.uk/categories/hid-kits/hid-kits-by-vehicle-type/hid-kits-for-cars
but looking at the site they seem to be all out of stock but I put 50W and 6000K
I assume yours is the 100 series and have two lamps one for dip and one for high beam, I
have only done the low beam and cannot remember the bulb type I think something like HB8 or 9
and just for a bit of info the 6000k is a very white light not a blue tint, personally I don't like the blue tint

Hope that is what you need but give us a shout if you need any more info

Thank you Steve will look them up 👍 it is the 100 series Amazon with two bulbs 💡

Regards Ryan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: