NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Changing LH ahc hose, fuel tank out ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnboy27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 0:37    Post subject: Changing LH ahc hose, fuel tank out ?? Reply with quote

I have previously changed the rear RH ahc hose, which was a bit of hard work getting the rusted bolts etc off.
But now I am changing the rear LH hose and I am really struggling.
I have got the hose disconnected at both ends and have got the centre bracket off that bolts to the chassis, but the fuel tank is stopping me from getting the hose off the car, I have even snapped it around the bracket area but the front end of the hose will not come out.
Has anyone ever changed a LH rear hose, did the tank need to be dropped, move sidewards or is it full removal,
I fear the metal filler neck hoses etc will break once I disturb them. They have never been touched in 17 years
Any advice would be grateful
Many thanks
Car is 2003 Amazon 4.7 V8
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 0:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Johnboy27

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:
There is no way the hose can be removed with the fuel tank in situ, due to the filler neck pipes and other pipes being so badly corroded  I was worried about breaking them by removing them,
I managed to drop the tank slightly and move it inwards towards the middle of the car without disconnecting anything, but then it was hitting the prop shaft so had to remove that too to be able to move the tank far enough inward to give just enough clearance for the removal of the hose,
Little tip (learned by my mistake) where the accumulator end of the hose goes over the chassis make sure it’s not above the wiring loom, it sits between the chassis and the wiring loom.
Anyway all done new hose fitted and system bled with no leaks.
andy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done for getting it sorted, and leaving feedback on the job.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Johnboy27

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Well done for getting it sorted, and leaving feedback on the job.

Thank you 👍👍
Saudi1234

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you not re route
gkfisherman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi did mine last year i just cut the u bend bit near the accumulater close to the hose
then feed it back up past tank
cut off other end and took them to local hose place and they
brazed on male fittings to fit
flex hose in-between
tighten top butterfly end on then fed though.
lined up  bottom fitting to hose
tightend it up then re fitted
total cost £50 job done
but i did have the other side go a few years ago so had heads up on were the fixings that hold hose to top of chase were and
i replaced my tank not long after  so while it was out i cut the clips to the top of the chase
just in case it blew as it did last year
spheres have gone now going to bin aha altogether
 when i get time think ill go for paddlers or iron man  suspension
then i dont have to wonder when next bit of ahc is going to go wrong
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: