Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Auto transmission fluid quantity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beastrider

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 22:16    Post subject: Auto transmission fluid quantity Reply with quote

Hello - I decided to change the auto trans fluid but I didn’t want to remove the pan. So I opted just to drain whatever oil I could via the plug, replace the plug, top up and repeat a few times. According to the manuals, I was expecting to only drain about 2 litres each time, but actually 4 litres came out and I know it wasn’t over full in the first place. Has anyone else noticed that? Does it indicate anything going wrong? The transmission is working fine and is smoother since the oil change (I did the 4 litres twice, so ~two thirds of the fluid is now new.
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 22:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Beastrider

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 22:27    Post subject: Front suspension bushes - poly or rubber? Reply with quote

Hello - I have noticed quite big cracks in the lower suspension arm bushes (original rubber) and so am planning to replace them. Thinking to do the upper ones at the same time. I was thinking to use the Nolathane Roughtrax bushes but I have read that some people think it’s best to use rubber on the uppers and poly on the lowers. My truck is standard height and used mostly on road and some light off road. I think the current ride quality is really good and wouldn’t want the ride to become harsh.

What are your views and experiences about suspension bush choice?

Thanks
Beastrider

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - the last post was supposed to be in a new topic!!  Embarassed Dumkopf!
modvrs

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly the same experience on draining the ATF, about five litres came out in my case. I've read several threads with owners saying the same thing.
Beastrider

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. How strange that all the manuals say 2 litres.
modvrs

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've never understood it. Luckily I used the washing up bowl when I first did it and not the ice cream tub.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: