Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

hid headlights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kissit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 20:11    Post subject: hid headlights Reply with quote

evening chaps  where is best place for hid headlight kit for my 1996 colorado  any help would be great                                                               brian
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 20:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

diggerdave

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this invoives changing the entire headlamp unit. I'm not aware of anyone offering this for cars as old as ours. I could be wrong though, but where would the profit be?

Of course if you want to go the non-legal route you'll be looking at any number of suppliers of HID bulb replacements, but you risk blinding every oncoming car.  Cool
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

diggerdave wrote:
I think this invoives changing the entire headlamp unit. I'm not aware of anyone offering this for cars as old as ours. I could be wrong though, but where would the profit be?

Of course if you want to go the non-legal route you'll be looking at any number of suppliers of HID bulb replacements, but you risk blinding every oncoming car.  Cool

Hi Dave
"but you risk blinding every oncoming car. " thats not all ways true, I fitted mine a few months after I got the car and had set up with the main dealer , and have never had
any on flash at me (to say I am blinding them), and have passed every MOT since
diggerdave

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it technically illegal though, isn't it? Because of that very risk. Something to do with the reflectors in halogen headlight units not being up to the job and risking a dodgy spread pattern.

I'm guessing you got yours done before the law changed.

Mind you, I'm prepared to accept that the law is an ass! It frequently is. In any case, I doubt the OP will find a proper, 'legal' headlamp conversion kit.

What bulbs did you use in yours? Might help the OP (if he ever returns).
modvrs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/aftermarket-hid-headlamps/aftermarket-hid-headlamps
kissit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi chaps    thanks for replies but i think too much hassle for me right now will just get better bulbs                                                            brian
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

kissit wrote:
hi chaps    thanks for replies but i think too much hassle for me right now will just get better bulbs                                                            brian

why dont you try LEDs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: