4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Alarm goes of while driving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 13:34    Post subject: Alarm goes of while driving Reply with quote

Hi,
I have Colorado Landcruiser 1997 3door

Today while driving and the alarm started going off.
It would stop and beep, similar  to a low battery beep from a fire alarm.
Then go off again.
I managed to pull over and turn the car off.
This did not stop it. Hitting the key fob did not stop it also.
I finally disconnected the battery only for a minute.
This seemed to stop it but about 100 yrds down the road it did it once more.
The rest of the journey it was fine.
I am worried though it will start again.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on.

Many thanks

Mark
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 13:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

MisterCruiser

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I can't help with your issue, but I have the same problem with the same exact model landcruiser.

My alarm only goes off when driving and very annoying, i'm currently looking into the issue, if I find out anything I'll post here if might be helpful. Likewise, please post the outcome here if you solve it in meantime. Personally, I'm just looking to disconnect the siren, if you happen to discover the sirens location please let me know.
MisterCruiser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I found my siren location this evening and disconnected it, not sure if that's an option for you if you'd rather have a working alarm but if you want to try disconnecting the siren and cleaning its connector plug etc, it's in the drivers front wing / wheel arch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: