4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Android replacement but dash says no……

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markplatinum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 16:57    Post subject: Android replacement but dash says no…… Reply with quote

Hi all,
I have a120 with satnav, a row of buttons beneath and a cassette player underneath that.
I’m going blind searching for an android unit for it.
I’ve found sites that have a tick next to photo of a standard dash with a photo of my dash with a line though it.

Has anyone found a solution or do I just have to buy a single din pop out screen to replace the cassette player?

Thanks in advance

Mark
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 16:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

karl2000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it an LC5?
markplatinum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:05    Post subject: LC5 Reply with quote

karl2000 wrote:
Is it an LC5?

Yes it is. the buttons are right in the way in the centre rather than being at the sides.
karl2000

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats one of the issues with the LC5, its harder to replace the radio than it is with the LC3/4 - as you have discovered!

One option is to install a large 'tesla style' touch screen which replaces the entire center of the dashboard - not everyone's cup of tea, but they are available on e bay if you have a look.
karl2000

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

This type of thing might work for you.  

e bay.co.uk/itm/184127361304

Search on this and other forums, there are people who have done it and have posted pics of it installed, so you can see what it looks like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: