4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Another bulb question ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlPrado

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:29    Post subject: Another bulb question ? Reply with quote

Hi people

On my prado auto dash the gear selector indicator lights / Park / Reverse / drive etc , All work except the drive bulb ,

Is this normal ? or has the bulb blown ?

I thank you  Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

modvrs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the bulb has blown, it should light up. Makes sense as it's the one that's on nearly all the time.
AlPrado

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks , Looks like its dash out no 3  Smile
locodriver65

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 13:52    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Hi
I had the same problem. I have not been able to find a new bulb anywhere so changed the bottom bulb into the drive position.

It works for now until I find a new bulb.

Paul
AlPrado

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried 4 car shops for the interior light bulbs, the only place that could order them in was the Toyota main dealers , Give them a try .
modvrs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

From memory they are BT286 bulbs. Halfords do them although I think I went somewhere cheaper for mine. You have to unwind the wire tails and thread them into the plastic holder.

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs/286-car-bulb-manufacturers-standard-halfords-single-pack-717466.html

locodriver65

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 21:47    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

ok
thanks for the info.

Paul
Juddian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm handy link that modvrs, thanks.

Given me an idea for our Forester.
The dash switches for fog lights/screen/mirror heater etc can be copletely dismantled and each have two tiny bulbs inside similar to the ones on the 90 series being discussed here, but even smaller fittings, no way will Subaru be selling these bulbs separately, so i'm going to try ths solution for the one failed illuminmation bulb on the fog light switch, the warning bulb is still working so its all legal and MOT'able but i'd like to be able to see the switch when i need it cos...er fussy.

By the way, i had to change the same bulb for D on my 90 series, Toyota do supply the bulb complete on its own if you prefer that route, but you need someone very competent on the parts desk if you know what i mean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: