Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Low power

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wooly0000

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much appreciated Tractionman will let ya know what happens
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 20:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wooly0000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

changed the fuel filter today and it looked like someone had been making gravey in it..... lots of crud, new filter fitted so hopefully its sorted, just to finish by say a BIG BIG thanks the help as usual is always appreciated  Very Happy
Tractionman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on yer Wooly, always good to get feedback with results, some don't bother at all after initial post. 😉
If you have that sh/t in the filter, it makes me wonder if its coming from the tank and in the lines. If I were you I would carry a new spare filter with you, and if it does the same again you hopefully wont get stuck somewhere, and it will give you an indication that maybe you should drop the tank and flush that and the lines out too. Hopefully it will be a one off and down to poor maintenance by previous owner resulting in build up. 👍
wooly0000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks TM, i was thinking the same me self, i have had the car a long time so the problem is all my fault, in September i put supermarket fuel in which is something i never do  Embarassed  so hopefully its a one off, really appreciate your advice its spot on as usual  salute  salute
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really good when people report back like Wooly 😃 has as it helps others who might have the same problem right now or in the future  , like TM said  some folk dont bother , well done Juddian for suggesting the fuel filter change , and well said TM for suggesting carrying a spare fuel filter , if I were you Wooly I would change the fuel filter again in a couple of months time to see if its dirty coz if it is it is probably the tank is contaminated , and before you fit the new filter pump the pumper   a few times into a clean container to see if the fuel line still has dirt , slime or diesel fungus in the line that you do not want to go into your new clean filter ,
Tractionman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, hopefully we all get there in the end. Jud you were spot on.
TBH Ive never gone with the theory of supermarket fuel being a no no.
When I was running my 78 all over the place workwise, I filled up wherever convenient, some of those being various supermarkets or motorway f/s.
Trucking all over the country, although fully fuelled from base when I did Scotch or being run around everywhere, I was doing just that.
At one time I had 3 months continuous work in Shaftsbury where there is a Tesco filling station and every week I filled up there and I never had any issues with any of them. Although retired (hooray) and not doing anywhere near the mileage, Im still doing pretty much the same thing with my 120 with no issues.
I think IF there is an issue, it MAY be with the small independents where there is not such a big turnover of fuel.
karl2000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree TM, I fill up at Tescos all the time!
wooly0000

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

will take on board the advice, like TM I fill up were its convenient and up to now I've never had a problem although I once found something that looked like a slug in the filter still don't know what that was...… I've ran the tank almost dry and filled up with V power, OMG it cost a fortune  Shocked Once again many thanks
Tractionman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if previous owner ran it on home brewed bio/veggie oil and that's the stirred up dregs that you have sucked through, running nearly dry to refill with the liquid gold. Maybe thats why it didnt play up other than when pulling hard, as any other sh/t would have made it struggle throughout ? Hopefully that will be the end of it mate, here's hoping. 😀
karl2000

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shell V power - shame it's not a Vauxhall, you'd have doubled its value!
Tractionman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

🤣 yep, a Moskavitch is worth more. 👍
Juddian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason i suggested fuel filter is because i can feel when mine needs one, engine doesn't seem as eager to pull full power higher up the rev range, just as Wooly's symptoms, swap the filter out and she's back to pulling like a train.
Normally swap one annually now in the warm weather so it doesn't start to block up at this time of year when my urge is to hibernate.

Only fill up at supermarkets, but always throw a measure of Millers and 2T oil in, tried the expensive branded fuel a few times from filling stations but the only difference was to the remaining weight of my wallet.
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was doing good mileage with the 78, that was serviced every year at mot time including normal swapping out filters, so pre emptive maintenance is a good thing there rather than wait for something to go wrong, as per you Juddian.
I always swore by the 2 smoke oil too, Asdas finest, seem to have got out of a regular habit with the 120, - note to self !
It certainly seemed to run sweeter with it.
wooly0000

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

took her into Liverpool this morning and she went like a missile, hopefully job done, but I've just ordered 2 spare filters  Very Happy
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍 You might have bumped into Karl up there !
Great news, we always like a happy ending 🤗 where did you get your filters Wooly ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: