Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Radio cage / double din radio and air vents issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisterCruiser

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:10    Post subject: Radio cage / double din radio and air vents issue Reply with quote

I have a double din stereo fitted but the metal cage piece is missing from one side, there's only metal on one side holding the stereo in so the stereo sits lob sided at an angle. It sits flush 1 side but is in too far the other side. Can anyone link me to what I need to buy to fit a double din stereo properly in a 90 series. It's an aftermarket stereo, the original cage was missing when from when i bought the cruiser.

Also, I only have air hot or cold coming through my windscreen vents, no air comes through the floor or dash vents. No matter where I twist the air direction knob to, air only comes out the windscreen vents. Does this suggest a cable has come off of the knob and it's stuck in the windscreen position. Can I get to the cable with just removing the main centre facia trim where the knobs and radio is or will I have to go deeper in to find the cable / problem?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

diggerdave

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been some years since I had to access the back of the heater, but yes everything is accessible by taking off the central fascia

It might also be a stuck flap inside the system - which can be a pig to trace - hopefully it's the cable, which should be an easier fix.
MisterCruiser

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the cable, not at the knob end but at the flap lever end accessible with the drivers kick panel removed. I lived with that for 7 yrs Haha Smile Took 2 mins
Also,got radio brackets from breakers and replaced ashtray bulb when in there. Cheers for the reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: