4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Low power

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 19:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wooly0000

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TM, normally I get them from Milner's 4x4 but i got these from Mr T, not really sure why as I have have never had a problem with Milners, I think I'm still having a flap from the experience  Embarassed
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Wooly.  Not surprised you're having a flap when the price is compared. 😨
Often use Milners for stuff or Roughtrax, but have always used oem or Blueprint for filters on my cruisers.
The Milners are super cheap in comparison and good to know you have found them ok. Thanks.
wooly0000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers TM, always get me oil filters from Mr T I suppose that's a confidence thing with me, I'm sure the pattern parts are exactly the same or better than OE but its a habit I cant get out of  Confused
Tractionman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍
Juddian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well *beep* me, checked the written service history file* i keep and i didn't change the fuel filter this summer after all, could have sworn i had.
Its been weeks since i've driven the Toyota, use the Forester for work commute cos LPG, went to the dentist today who is about 7 miles away, engine running lovely at normal town speeds but open her up and exactly as Wooly its holding back.

Got a filter in stock so when it stops raining  that's got to be done, my fault for some reason i thought i'd done it during the summer but no it was last year.

*file sounds posh dunnit, don't be impressed its an A4 sheet with all the jobs i do on the motor written in my schoolboy scrawl with dates and mileage Embarassed

Purely out of interest when my lorry starts to block the fuel filters you get exactly the same symptoms.
Tractionman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM impressed Jud, with the hand written log instead of computer electrickery that could get 'lost' or erased when someone like me dunno what they're doing ! My hand writren notes though are loads of bits of paper in no particular order, so although they are there, I still cant find em ! 😶
Juddian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well TM, the proof will be when any potential buyer is equally impressed with my 'service history' if the car has to be sold when what currently passes for brownshirt goons turn up mob handed to goosestep us off to the re-education camp.

Its an interesting thing this self servicing malarkey, i literally haven't got a single garage bill for the 120 during my ownership apart from MOT tests and possibly aircon regas, and as a i buy oil and filters in bulk when on offer and keep a stock its not as if receipts for parts purchased will be available.
Daresay not many of us on these forums could or would want to spend the serious cost of such regular preventative maintenance if we used dealerships especially, engine oil changes alone probably DIYing cost us about 1/3rd what the same job would cost at the main dealer ... and they won't be letting it drain for several hours or overnight to inspect the oil pick up.

One of the reasons i bought this one apart from its general good condition was its service history, almost all main dealer never a year missed, obviously well heeled previous owners, but what would the next buyer i wonder (unless one of our throng who reads these pages wants it, who would judge it on its merits no doubt already knowing the vehicle's strengths and weak points) assuming a complete stranger think to a hand written service history during my ownership from an old bloke they wouldn't know from a bar of soap.
karl2000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, if I was buying a car,. and the geezer appeared to know what he was talking about and backed it up with handwritten notes of what had been done and when, I'd take that over a stamped up service book every time!
wooly0000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Juddian thanks for your spot on advise earlier looks like I've cursed you  Shocked I tend to agree with Karl, someone who knows what there talking about is worth a million stamps, especially when its so easy to forge the service book.%
Juddian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose Karl corroborating evidence would be a peek into the chaos that is a home mechanics garage, well used jacks oil drain bowls shelves full of various oils coolants brake fluids filter brake parts bulbs rustproofing gear etc and enough spanners and tools to start a commercial workshops, you'd have to sign a waiver before entering my garage anyway because of the clutter you'd likely trip over and break your neck  Laughing
Tractionman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Karl, you have got it in one, obviously using your own know how and discretion.
Mine came with a fully stamped Toyota history, but apart from the odd hand written entry by the "technician", oil change, timing belt etc over the stamp, there is absolutely no evidence of any work being carried out. For all I know the lc could have stood where it was left with a dog pi55ing up the wheels to wash it 😂 (you know what I mean there mate).  A full history should be covered by dealer receipts AND the stamped book, and if they are not available to hand over to prospective new owner, then they must be taken as non resistant and any verbal info given taken with a pinch of salt, and the buyers own mind satisfied.
Now, if the lc has been home maintained, and hand written history produced by say, Jud, then ome of those areas can be identified, and perhaps verified by visuals on certain new looking parts, this then gives a good indication that the lc has been maintained + of course as you rightly say Karl, the sellers knowledge and willingness to give any info. JUD, I'll take it at filmmaking price !! 😆😉
Tractionman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit, bloody predictive. should read, "full asking price"😉
Juddian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad its all good again Wooly, couldn't believe it this thread still live and there the symptoms were in all their glory clmbing a long hill today, its probably been blocking up for week or more, unless SWMBO took it for a run and needed some poke she'd never know running round the town cos it feels fine.

Too blinkin cold and wet today so mine can wait until a break in the weather sometime this week...i would use the excuse of the dentist aftermath for not getting straight on with it, but only needed a lost filling replaced so no lopsided even uglier than usual mug waiting for the injection to wear off  Cool

Just ordered a couple more filters cos pretty sure the one i'm going to fit is the last one i have in stock.
Would have got some Hengst filters from GSF with the discount code but their site is playing silly burgers so got a couple of Blue Prints on the way, hate being caught not having something in stock and having to pay full emergency price, its me Irish half.
Tractionman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juddian, you mean to say you can get in your garage ? Mine is to store tools, spares and equipment, or as my mrs puts it "*beep*" 😁
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: