4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Low power

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karl2000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least the dog did sommat mate Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 16:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Tractionman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, got it !! 😂
Juddian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

As TM says, the SH on mine was stamped book but also backed up by various receipts.

As for prices of our motors, everythings gone so bleedin weird now, i haven't a clue what price you'd even ask for a motor like ours any more, i know what a dealer would ask but as we all know the vast majority to be found at dealers you'll be walking rapidly away from soon as you clocked the undersides, dunno how many wasted miles we all must have done combined over the years travelling completely wasted miles only to be on your way back home moments later.

Think my record is about 4 minutes from arrival to on the way back home, travelled 150 miles to view a mint 100, never even opened the door or bonnet, nipped underneath (much to the surprise of the small time dealer) and shoved me mitt straight through a rotten box section, and as for the waxoyled undersides that consisted of someone leaning under the front bumper and offering one single pass of an aerosol waxoyl can putting a bit of colour on the rusty front cross member and suspension bottom arms, look from behind the same items nothing.

Most extensive SH i ever found was the monster file that came with a german estate car we bought a number of years ago, car cost the first owner £50k in 1995, had the original receipt (£19k in extras alone Shocked ), and over the 10 years he owned it that was easily exceeded by the eye watering bills that two main dealers heaped upon him over that time, not a single bill under £500 many in the region of £2/3000, no matter the bill they never once failed to charge for screenwash or itemise such trivia as a sump washer, wish i'd kept that history file for posterity...still those glass palaces don't come cheap.

I wouldn't mind but the brakes were in an awful state, pulled the rear pads out and the friction material dropped off at least one pad, it was only a lump of rust on the pad back plate that prevented the friction material from disintegrating in situ,  that neglect didn't happen overnight, oh and the car continued to fail at regular intervals, often items like the aircon which had already cost the previous owner some £4k to fix, i think it was that car that saw me sensibly desert German and return to Japanese cars, which i should never have moved away from, won't make that mistake again.
Juddian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes i can get in the garage, there's a sort of single person path you shouldn't wander off or a search party will be required.  Twisted Evil
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I much prefer to buy a car off an owner serviced history that is backed up with receipts for parts , oil and fluids  because it means the owner will be mechanically minded to have looked after the car and serviced the car long before it is due with better oil and fluids like synthetics , dealers mostly drain the oil and fluids for just a few minutes only and leave a lot of old oil or fluids still inside ,  folk who do not know how to do the servicing  could have thrashed the engine on a cold start among other things like turn the engine off straight away at the end of a journey on a turbo engine instead off letting it tick over for a couple of minutes  that none mechanically minded people do and drive cars  like some pen pushing paper passers who know nowt about how things work , service history at a dealer or garage to me is second grade servicing . Every thing I do whether servicing (I always service my cars well before the service is due by factory scheduled time table )  or repairs of modifications I write it down with date and mileage with receipts to back it up . doing that also helps me knowing when I did it to when I will do it again ,   and I just love doing it and have done so for 43 years as its always been a love and a hobby of mine  .
Tractionman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 That about sums it up, along with the narrow space with bench through the side personnel door at one end for pillar drill, bench grinder, vice, BFH etc. I have a rope tied to the lc and my waist so I can find my way out through main door. 😄
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

😂😂😂
Tractionman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it's all good practice Tony, saves further wear or breakdowns,. I am that fastidious that if only one front brake pipe needs changing, I'll do both, even if the other looks sound. 2 fitted at the same time gives you peace of mind. I won't replace only one tyre either if damaged beyond repair, always 2 the same and swapping tyres around periodically. My 78, 15 years, no breakdowns/let downs, and I hope to carry it on with the 120. I can't claim all the credit though, Toyota must have some for producing. 🤣
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully agree TM , I am the same ,
Juddian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, i wish i as quite as organised as you  Cool , never think to print the receipts out and if any accompany the oil or filter delivery i never think to bung them in the vehicle file, hopefully my honest mug will suffice as i'm telling the truth, for truly this is a face for radio.
Not planning to sell, but you never know what's round the corner, more chance i suppose that most of our surviving 4x4s end up in Africa once Bunter's owner's issue intructions via Bunters codpiece that such vehicles are no longer allowed on their Zil lanes  Evil or Very Mad

Good idea about the string to find your way back TM, if i'm missing long enough hopefully the wife will put the house alarm on and the garage sensor pick up the lost wanderer trapped somewhere between the Forester winter wheels and parssure washer  Rolling Eyes , at least it'll pinpoint where to send mountain rescue  Shocked
wooly0000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here TM i have only ever had the nose of me LC in there once....
Tractionman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍👍😊
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: