2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

All Warning Lights have come on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jezer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:45    Post subject: All Warning Lights have come on. Reply with quote

I have a 2001 D4D Colorado, my dashboard has lit up like a Christmas Tree! The following warning lights all came on at same time and have remained on. Charging ,Water in Diesel,Low oil Level,Timing Belt, Handbrake. My two Batteries appear to be in good order, Fan Belt doesn't appear to be slipping. I am guessing that this could be a bad earth or the alternator is at fault. Hoping someone on this great forum will be able to advise me.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

drew m

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
First of all I'd get a multimeter and check voltage going to battery with engine running.
Drew
MisterCruiser

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a 5 speed manual out of interest? Is it the same 160HP enginge in the 120 series?

Regards your issue, I'd have a look for corrosion, wires etc... maybe check to see if they're shared circuits, same earth, etc. and start at those circuits.
Check voltage and charging voltage as said already. Fully charged should be 12.6v and should be over 14v when running I believe.
andy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've answered your own question, check alternator and earth cables.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
warwick lawley

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some years ago, I recall all of the warning lights coming on. I found the fault to be the 100Amp ALT (alternator) fuse which had not blown but the lower cable connector lug was totally loose. A bit of a fiddle got the fuse mounting block eased out of the fuse box and a simple clean up and retightening did the trick.
AlPrado

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does sound like a electrical fault
DaveWall

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got this sorted now or do you want some tips - check the easiest things first - multimeter check voltage when running etc - then try jump leads and add some extra earthing - battery to engine, engine to body etc.... start simple!
divethedeep

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

had this on mine   it was broken alternator belt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: