4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Boot door won’t open

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garyd855

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 13:32    Post subject: Boot door won’t open Reply with quote

Hi all - my boot door has been a bit temperamental over the past year. It’s now not worked for a couple of months. Cannot find any way to open it. I suspect a garage visit is needed and theypull panelling off from the inside.

Any thoughts or ideas welcome.

Gazza
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 13:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Garyd855

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power washed car and now boot is working again- for now…

I know it’s easier for grime to get into boot lock mechanism as opposed to the other doors. Should the catch be kept clean, or greased, or wd40’d etc.

Seems from online that actuator might be faulty but still grateful for any thoughts anyone might have.

Gazza
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have something similar, when I open, and then close, sometimes it doesn’t close/latch, due to the door handle sticking in the open position, not allowing the latch to return to its normal latching location.

I then have to manually push the handle back into its normal closed position,

Basically, dirt, and I need to find sometime to strip it, and clean it out, but thinking if yours is also same type issue, the perhaps the actuator can’t move the mechanism, due to the same type dirt interference.

Not sure though, but thought I’d mention, worth a panel off, and look/clean, WD40 any case I’d think as first option.
Tractionman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, check to make sure the door hasn't dropped on the hinges, simple 5 minute check.
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thks Tractioman, hinges all good.
Garyd855

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tractionman - I think the boot door is fine. It might be a few mm down but it doesn’t have any play or movement upwards. How do I check if it has dropped?  Thanks
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, from what you say, it's fine, but its very noticeable if hinges worn etc. On initially opening the door you will feel the door drop, as the wieght has been taken on the guide/catch on the frame.  Its also difficult to close, as the door needs to rise to engage catch.
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, another thought, look at the paint line around the hinges, on the off chance they have moved.
Garyd855

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I’ll check when I get the car back from garage (wheel bearing getting done, and investigating black smoke from low pressure air intake manifold)
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: