Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Land Cruiser 120 Invincible 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregMar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 17:38    Post subject: Land Cruiser 120 Invincible 2006 Reply with quote

Hello to all.
I would like to ask all of you who have Toyota Land Cruiser 120 Invincible from 2006 with 201BHP.
I recently bought Toyota Land Cruiser 120 Invincible in advert described as having 201 BHP. The car has the "Invincible" badge on the tail door but in some reg checks its stated as having 201BHp in some 190 BHP and 166BHP and in registration certificate 122kW which is around 166BHP. The car has rear proximity sensors and normal coil suspension. In the internet I have read that the 2006 models had chip boxes fitted not in factory but by Toyota GB diler. Maybe someone who owns such model could make some photos to help me identify my model as I don't know what it is exactly.

Thank you very much in advance Smile
Cheers.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 17:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TONYCY11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first generation invincible was a LC4 with a chipbox done by Toyota GB and not the toyota factory in Japan as you state , BUT many toyota dealers in the UK would stick the invincible badge on the back of 120s like the LC4 and sell the car as with optional equipment  that included privacy glass , car mats etc without the performance chip , so to find out if you have the invincible with the performance chip you need to look in the engine bay around the fuse box at the side of the fuse box will be a small square aluminium  box usually  with the TTE logo on the box   with wires plugged to it that at least one of the wirering loom goes to the side of the connector of the common-rail plug next to the egr cooler that connects to the engine above the inlet manifold , but as this was a dealer fitment the chipbox could have been a make bought outside of toyota GB and could be any known brand like tunit for example if the dealer thought they could buy performance chip boxes cheaper than what toyota GB supplied and  could have been fixed to the passenger side of the bulkhead near the fuel filter . but as I said many first generation invincible were just normal LC4s with a few extra dealer accessory's without performance chips and sold at the same price as a LC4 , the second generation invincible were to replace the LC5 that came out in summer 2007 that had extra equipment over the LC5 like privacy glass , improved quality of the touch screen monitor,  real black walnut wood inserts to replace the fake brown walnut look inserts , part black walnut part leather steering wheel with controls for the audio and bluetooth with voice control on the steering wheel , darkened chromed front bonnet grill , slightly darkened alloy wheels that to me looked like they had brake dust on them and needed washing , and the headlights top-half were darker tinted to protect from sun damage and of cause the invincible badge .
GregMar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for answer TonyCy11
I have made a photo of fuse box unfortunately I don't know how to post it here. Maybe you could send me in pm your email and I would send you photos of the engine compartment and you would check if you see anything that could be the chip box?
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi  PM sent
karl2000

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you see why I said come to this forum and ask Tony  Laughing  Laughing
Tractionman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍Was there ever any doubt ? 🤗
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Ha give over tractionman and Karl you two know as much as I do about 120s and Karl is good with the electrics as well  .
Tractionman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW !!  All true Tony 👍 I didn't know about the torson diff mentioned elsewhere + tuning box on Invincible and other stuff.
Karl is the electrics man for sure
You are the true 120 'guru', the other side's loss mate. 🤗

P.S. say hello to Mick when you see him. 🤔
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

🤣🤣🤣
karl2000

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha WOW!!  Deffo their loss !!!

I didnt know about the non-tuned Invincibles out there!

Our friend knows where to get the best support now Smile
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I forgot to mention the 2nd generation invincible has the reversing camra on the on dash monitor , the camra itself is  just above the left hand side of the rear numberplate .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: