NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rear and front diff failed little help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wishmasteruk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 14:40    Post subject: Rear and front diff failed little help Reply with quote

So on digging on info land cruiser colorado/prado J90/J95.

As far as I know there are 2 ratios of diff fitted to these cars a 43:10 fitted to early none D4D ones and a 41:10 fitted to later ones with a D4D engine....I could be wrong.

So mine is kzu95r 3.0 1kz-te

On the vin plate A02B A343F

So I've got 2 options replace or rebuild but I'm finding it hard to find 2 matching diffs
So I want to buy the correct crown and pinion for my rear diff as I think I might of found a front to replace

41201-80493  would this be the correct part number? For my rear diff?

TIA
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 14:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

MikeJak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what I know the 90 came with 2 diff ratio, 4.1 and 4.3 but with a few variant codes...
4.3 most commonly in the petrol 5VZ FE
there was quite a bit of variance and it's hard to tell for certain.
on the build plate in the engine bay the bottom line for C/Tr/A/TM stands for color/trim/axle/transmission
the axle code shows the rear diff build, the front is the same ratio. Mine is code A02B and 4.3 ratio. A02B is originally an LSD diff but mine being uk has a factory Elock.
front diffs have stickers reading R16,R17,R56,R57 but I have never found a final answer, mine has a R27 code. I *think* the R16 is also a 4.3 but not really sure.

4.100 diff no LSD possibly Difflock (check) A01B
4.300 Diff no LSD possibly Difflock A02B
4.300 Diff with LSD A02A
4.100 Diff with LSD A01A

Note that A02B and A01B is used for both locking and LSD diffs with the 4.300/4.100 ratio.

safest way to be sure of your ratio before pulling the 3rd member and counting teeth is jacking the truck up and spin the wheels and count drive shaft rotations. mrk the shaft with some chalk and spin a wheel. 1 full rotation of the wheel will be either 4.1 or 4.3 revolutions of the shaft
pulling the front diff is a bit of a pain but not too bad
buying from toyota is awfully expensive. if you need new gears I would contact Nayab Akbar on facebook, he's one of the largest breakers of landcruisers and ships worldwide for decent prices.
Wishmasteruk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 19:36    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you for the info it's really helped on what I needed

I've managed to get the diff off and it's got 43 teeth (well 3 are missing lol)

My front diff is a R57 (managed to locate one)

All this headache because I had no oil in the front diff 🤦🤦

Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: