Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Red flashing car symbol with a key in it...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swyn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 23:42    Post subject: Red flashing car symbol with a key in it... Reply with quote

Hi to one and all. LC FJ100 4.7VX Amazon.
first posting so here goes-on the centre console just below the digital clock there has now appeared a small red flashing light with what looks like a key symbol in it.At the present moment it is flashing erratically and after consulting the owners handbook it says "consult your nearest Toyota dealer"
Can someone enlighten me please as I can't help keep looking at the damn thing when driving down the road
Thanx in advance.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 23:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

alarm faulty .. take it to the dealer or a garage that has a code reader /reset.. it's a warning light that the engine management system has found an error code on your central locking /alarm i suppose .. but don't take my word for it ..ask .. or await more replies to your thread ..
Nor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swyn,
any news on this one?
swyn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 20:01    Post subject: Re key/light issue Reply with quote

Hi-no news to relate as yet as the LC is currently having an LPG conversion fitted and when it is returned it has to go to my local Toyota dealer and they will investigate the problem.They did say however that the ECU when interrogated should divulge the root cause of the fault [yeah right !! ] after relieving me of £x 000's no doubt!!!

Will keep y'all posted..
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUST A THOUGHT... MAYBE CLEAR THE CODE YOUSELF BY DISCONNECTING THE BATTERY LIVE FOR 5 MINUTES   SEEMED TO WORK FOR THE GARAGE I BROUGHT MINE FROM   THEY TOLD ME ..SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS JUT BEING IDLE AGAIN
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swyn
I hope you will take my advice on the battery disconnection it's free advice and toyota will charge for theirs lol .. just a thought tho' are you using an original key with 2 buttons with the car? or one that has been replicated .. they have a chip inside that sends a signal to the computer when the key is inserted ..wrong key won't start alarm will stay on ect ect ect ..
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

swyn

i looked in the manual for testing fuel cut off soleniods and came across this
it may be the transponder chip in the key faulty
swyn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 22:40    Post subject: RE red flashy light thingy.. Reply with quote

Sorry about the delay in getting back to the site but here goes.
bushbury wolf tried what you said and unfortunately it didn't work so its back to the garage I'm afraid and I hasten to add this time its at their expense lol!!!. They said it was a transmitter in the door mechanism that had gone down so they decided to replace it and lo and behold 2 days later its doing it again so that didn't work.
Re the key issue I am using the grey key that came with the car and that seems to be ok for now but in Oct they [Jemca] are gonna have for a while to sort it out once and for all AND I get a courtesy car to use for the duration.
We shall see........
imprator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this symptom on my car when the dealer tried and failed to program a new key. I think it just signified that the programming process had not been completed.

I later programmed a new key myself (by which I mean I programmed the transponder in the key) and the flashing light, satisfied, disappeared. The programming needs no tools - you just open and close the door, step on the brake pedal, turn ignition on and off etc. in a certain order.

However, if you only have a grey key that may be a problem. There are two types of keys - Master (normally with a black keyfob, either with or without remote buttons) and Valet (normally grey in colour, lacking remote control buttons and won't operate the glovebox lock). A Master key is required to programme the ECU. If you only have a Valet key the dealer won't be able to do anything - other than replace the ECU. That costs about £1,300 if I recall correctly.

However, if you run into this problem DON'T let them replace the ECU. It will almost certainly be OK, and only needs resetting. This can be done by independent locksmiths providing they have the right equipment, but shop around - some will do it for about £150, others charge £500+.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: