All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Servicing recommendations Wiltshire / Bath / Bristol / Swind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrisk942

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 13:28    Post subject: Servicing recommendations Wiltshire / Bath / Bristol / Swind Reply with quote

Ive just been quoted £775 for the 40K mile service on my 04 Amazon by my local Toyota garage..............I was a bit stunned !
Any recommendations for servicing in or around these parts ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 13:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

armstrong75

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be too far for you but try getting a quote from Inchcape Oxford, 01865 291391.

I find it a worthwhile journey for me from Milton Keynes.

Had them do a 72K service on mine today, local Toyota dealership quoted £495.00, Inchcape bill = £193.03 but you do have to ask them for their best price for an over 3 year old model.

It appears that Inchcape are trying to keep the service business after warranty expires rather than have clients go to independants.

Last year the bill from the local dealership for a 60K service was £730.00 and a "right pig's ear" they made of it.
Chrisk942

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had another price fron another Toyota main dealer and part of the same group £687 and a reduction of around £100 if I bring my own oil !

But thanks for that, I will try inchcape at oxford as I pass that way when I am off to see customers

Regards Chris
Chrisk942

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Armstrong, dont know how you managed that.  Their their first quote to me was over £800.  Mentioned "the best price and vehicle over 3 years old" bit but the best I can get is to price match what I've already been quoted by my local Toyota chappies...........so not really worth taking the missus to the "designer village" at bicester and spending any savings on shoes and handbags for her..........Phew !!!!  

But thanks for that anyway and always worth a try
armstrong75

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who did you speak to Chris?

Try asking for Ray Armstrong, Service Director, it was he that told me about the service deal on 3 year old cars.

My service this week was intermediate, not Full.,
Chrisk942

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Armstrong, I spoke to the service booking guy, didnt ask his name, very helpful and polite but he had to go and ask someone else about any discount, I will try again and ask for Ray Armstrong (is he a relative ?) this time.

This seems to be the full service.

Do you think its worth going to Toyota for this, they say they are going to change all the fluids,, coolant, brake, oils etc..  I looked at Nationwide auto centres and they are only around £200
armstrong75

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toyota are supposed to change all the fluids at certain intervals.
My service this week entailed an oil and filter change, lubricate prop shaft, replace brake light bulb.
It took 2 hours and the did it whilst I waited.

No, Ray Armstrong is not a relative, he noticed my name and we just started talking about service costs.
This was when I took the wife's Yaris for it's first service on 01 March. We did not buy the Yaris from them, so no favours there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: