Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

The Gap Road - Brecon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommo&Claire
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 18:51    Post subject: The Gap Road - Brecon Reply with quote

Would my unmodified 90 with Grabber AT2's on it make it down the gap road without serious damage???

2002 95 Series LC 3.0D4D, Grabber AT2s, Safari Snorkel.
1998 90 Series LC 3.0TD for Mrs T
2007 Rottweiler.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 18:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

smokeyjoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate did it last year in a trooper with at2 & no problem whatsoever. Obviously depends on time of year, but then as it's only 'open' a few months you should be ok
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 20:03    Post subject: Re: The Gap Road - Brecon Reply with quote

Tommo&Claire wrote:
Would my unmodified 90 with Grabber AT2's on it make it down the gap road without serious damage???

Yes, see the other thread about the Gap road.

Paul

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
gilghana

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like any challenging (I am guessing here as I have never seen it) route it depends not only on the equipment but also on the user :
I grew up driving 4x4s (before I could reach the peddals)
I then drove 4x4s and tractors etc legally for a few years for a living between college/school and real life!
I then worked for 8 years doing nothing but driving 4x4s in West African mud, gravel and occasionally skidding trails  Laughing
I then worked for 4 more years doing not as much continuous driving but in my spare time taking it more as a hobby (and vehicles) and "going for it" more...  if that is possible.
I then got also more into longer range overland type 4x4
I then booked my girlfriend into two days intensive off road tuition and also signed up and learned (and forgot more bad habits) than I had in most of those years put together...  that was a couple of years ago.  I want to do it again!

Whether it is a fast bike a slow bike, a fast road car or a slow road car, or a 4x4 soft roader or a proper 4x4 - get some proper instruction and you will be amazed at not only the abilities of the vehicle but also your own limitations and learning curve.  Think about it - jumping into a 400hp Impreza from a Nissan Micra is going to end in tears if you trust only in your current understanding of the vehicle's ability...  a 4x4 and the use of it is the same.  I don't want to patronise, but only to point out that out of 12 years driving ONLY off-pavement 4x4s I had so much to learn Shocked
Cheers,
Gil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: