2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

i got a ding on my back door

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toyota mad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 21:40    Post subject: i got a ding on my back door Reply with quote

Anybody know how to get a small ding out of a back door,
                                 i was opening the back door and the wind beat me to it, it bounced off a jockey wheel handle on a trailer i was towing just between the number plate holder and spare wheel.... it annoyed me for days, now its bugging me so i want it gone ..Evil or Very Mad
                                                                                                                                                       its the only mark on the cruiser and i put it there thats whats killing more than anything, so any ideas bright sparks Idea without spending big money on a panel beater..

Last edited by toyota mad on Wed Jan 07, 2009 20:12; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 21:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

toyota mad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

help people............... Smile
joinerman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me that if it's had a whack with a small solid handle that it's probably dented & stretched the metal, in which case then it's a job for the bodyshop man, if it's a mild dent you could try a suction puller, a bit like a sink plunger.
gordini911

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 21:03    Post subject: Ding in back door Reply with quote

Hi, I had similar problems with mine  times 4 .Went to local friendly garage who gave me aTelephone number of the local mobile dent man. I sent him photo`s and after discussions we agreed that I should remove inner linings in prep and he would remove dings for £45 .It took about an hour. I thought that was very reasonable to bring bodywork back to showroom condition.
toyota mad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a small dent like if someone opened a door against a car, the paints not broke.. the puller would be to big, its like 1cm square  and i can very much see it... i'd say a panel beater would cost, but i was thinking if i could get the back door panel off and pop it out from the inside....  a cousin told me today halfords have a dent removal kit, i might buy one at the weekend and try it..  Very Happy  Very Happy  if it works i'll post the details

if anybody has tried this product, how would you's rate it Confused  Confused

"gordini911"
a mobile dent man i must google it see if there is someone in ireland... £45 sounds like a deal at that... did he take them out fully Question
toyota mad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought the dent removal kit out of halfords today..  its sounds like it could do the trick from what it says on the box, but only time will tell.. i am going to try it the weekend and i'll post the results.. fingers crossed because am fed up looking at the dent, any time i go to my landcruiser i walk from the front of it so i dont have to look at the back door  Laughing  Laughing

gordini911
if the above does not work i have plan-B thanks to you, i have got a number for MR DENTS the dents removal man in ireland.. he reckons it could cost up to 80euro at most, so i'll give him a try
                                                  cheers because i never heard of this service before headbang
toyota mad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAPPY DAYS NO MORE DENT thanks to a great product from halfords...it was so easy to use, six easy steps and hi presto no more dent.... i thought the chances of this product working were nil because the dent was so small, but i guess what they say is ture "the greatest things come in small packets" in this case halfords get 10 out 10.... salute  salute  salute and at £19.99 its a steal it does up to six dents

thanks everyone for your posts.. i'll hold the door next time wave  wave  wave

gordini911

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 23:19    Post subject: Dents Reply with quote

Glad you got fixed.I know how you felt.Ihad to go down the dent man route because some of the dents had awkward stenghening braces tight behind the dents and needed extended levering tools to reach .in the end you could not see any marks ,it was perfect
toyota mad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still have MR DENTS on speedial in case i ever need him Laughing , but i'll wacth what i am at next time... thanks for that
ignat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, try using dry-ice on a dent if you get one.

Never done it myself, but it seems pretty easy.

youtube has plenty clips of people doing it..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: