4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Amazon is it a 120 series??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smego

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 22:59    Post subject: Amazon is it a 120 series?? Reply with quote

Hello I am from the Hilux forum and looking to get a LC too, as the index on here is not too informative to a newbee, can anyone tell me what "series" a LC amazon 4.2td fits into so I can read up on it please?

Thank you.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 22:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Grimbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre 98 ish its an 80 , post 98 its a 100 , also  a give away is if its got IFS and a 4.2 td then its a 100 series.
Smego

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thank you as you seem to know your stuff is an Amazon, "active" an import as they seem better specced?
thanks again,
Grimbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uk amazons came in two trim levels GX & VX . VX has leather etc, and the active suspension  . GX is non active and cloth , both are still very well speced with climate and electric most things.
Smego

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if the amazon is a 100 series what is a 120 series??

Is their a good web-site that shows all of the series and pictures?
Ecky Thump
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 120 is the replacement for the 90 & 95 which replaced the 70.

The 120 in the UK is the one the Highways Agency use for the Traffic Officers.

Try here for a bit of info;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Land_Cruiser
1997 auto petrol 80 (for Er'in'doors)
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

120 can also be seen claseed as a LC1, LC2, LC3, LC4 or LC5 depending on body style and spec.

Also just to add, the Land Cruiser Amazon was the late 80 and early 100, Amazon then became the model and the Land Cruiser bit was dropped. The Land Cruiser was then the 120 Series. The Landcruiser name has been resurrected for the large model on the 200 series which is called the Land Cruiser V8 and is available as a V8 petrol or V8 Diesel.

An Import 100 series will have the type code 101 rather than 100. This has been the case since the 60 series where a 61 one as JDM (Japanese Domestic Market), the 80 series where a 81 was an JDM and the 100 series whereit will be a UZJ101 or an HDJ101 (UZJ - V8 Petrol and HDJ - Straight 6 Turbo Diesel)
Smego

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another question  Wink

I know UK spec have electric front and rear diff locks, but how does the centre operate?  I thought it was like the surf- mechanically locked but a guy here at work says it's auto locking (viscus?) like the range rover?
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centre diff lock is Viscous locking and then fully locked by putting in low range.
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the LC1 and LC2 were only available in Ireland, as a knocked down very basic 120 series.
This was due to the very high taxation.

For all intent and purpose, in UK there is only really LC3, LC4, LC5 & Invincible, which for a short time replaced the LC5, or was offered alongside the LC5.

I may be correct in saying only the LC3 have the spare on the back door, and the LC4 and LC5 have the spare underslung.
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly the LC1 was never offered in the UK but certainly initially the LC2- LC5 were all offered but I tend to agree that now only the LC3-LC5 are available. Quite common that we don't get the bargain basement (and I say bargain with a certain amount of toungue in cheek as LCs were never what you would call cheap) versions that are available elsewhere, I think that the Toyota view of the world is that we don't buy bottom of the range cars, which is probably born out across other car makes - far more Fiestas available at somewhere above base trim level than there are base models.

I think actually they missed a trick, if they could have come out with a more basic version of some of the LC - or even sell the 7X series again as workhorse models, they may be able to take some of the ground now taken by Land Rover, Iveco etc in the working and end of the market. They seem to leave that to the Hilux - maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong.

Bit off topic but interesting to see that Nissan have re-introduced the old version of the pickup as the NP300 again as a base model aimed at the working marketplace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: