Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My leather has gone all hard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
busaboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 21:57    Post subject: My leather has gone all hard Reply with quote

Hey all,
I have the light grey leather interior. The drivers seat is not too bad but the others have gone hard and although no open cracks the surface is cracking slightly. Is there a good leather conditioner/cleaner that anyone can recommend to soften it up and cover the cracking?
The steering wheel is beyond saving so a nice wheelskins trim is on order from the states.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 21:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

joinerman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saddle soap, get it from a horse livery. or a leather cream/feed from a auto upholstery company, forget stuff from places like halfords
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also go and ask a retrimming company what they use and use that. Have used some stuff called Renapur that I got from the Three Counties Show a couple of years ago however I am sure there is better stuff out there.

To really get it supple you could get hold of some Mars oil however you can only use this if you are going to lay up the vehicle for a couple of weeks as you won't want to sit on it. It's used for breaking in boots mainly (or used to be in the good old days) and will really soften them up nicely. Also used to waterproof leather saddles on Motorbikes.
coppen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've the same interior and its been treated in the past by the above mentioned.

Though it has cracks in it now Sad

I've also used the autoglym leather care cream

Works just as well
highanddry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simoniz was doing buy any 2 for a fiver, so bought the back to black and leather cleaner/feed.
I have used the whole bottle on both the front and rear seats over a 2 month period, with limited success. I still have some crazing, but the cardboard feel of the leather has almost gone, and would guess another bottle and another 2 months would see a result.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: