4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Manual / roof bars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:19    Post subject: Manual / roof bars Reply with quote

(copied from Small Talk)

newbie, still finding my way round this site!

new 02 Colorado owner - wow, what a vehicle!!

want a haynes manual - or is there a better equivalent for landcruisers and where do i get it from?

cross bars for roof bars - with my d!$co they were included and hidden under the back seats - no trace of anything in my new toy - do they come as standard or are they an after-market buy? If so, is it Toyota bars or do you use something else - wont be for heavy weights - and where should I source them from?

THanks vm

Denty
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

regthing
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a Thule set. My buggy doesn't have the rails that run the length of the roof so the set I have attach to the gutter. They can be a bit of a footer to get on but once they are they are pretty solid. Got them from Halfords. Did a price check on the web after I bought them and I seem to remember they where pretty well priced once you take in postage.

I only have 2 bars. I've seen some folk with 3, if I got the chance of one cheap I'd pick it up. But 2 has suited me so far for trips to the sawmill and picking up random logs on the way to camping trips Smile
Ecky Thump
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 14:23    Post subject: Re: Manual / roof bars Reply with quote

Denty wrote:
(copied from Small Talk)
want a haynes manual - or is there a better equivalent for landcruisers and where do i get it from?
Denty

For a manual, look in the club shop; http://www.click2add.co.uk/index.html?target=dept_99.html

The Max Ellery manuals seem a lot better than the Haynes although I have both.
1997 auto petrol 80 (for Er'in'doors)
goodoldboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

halfords crossbars are fine for ocasional use but the problem is with bigger/heaver loads - the roof rails tend to move when tightening up ropes/straps,a problem im facing now - dose anyone know where i can buy some gutter clamps/feet thingys as i want to build my own roofrack?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: