Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

1000 what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Electrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 0:00    Post subject: 1000 what? Reply with quote

Bought a 1000 watt (modified sine wave) inverter from Maplin this weekend. Tried it today, not actually expecting much. OK OK, so if you have one, you'll be over the surprise already. Ran my Bosch angle grinder and cut through 20mm box section. How cool are they?

Really impressed. Came with proper thick leads and everything. Now if I can only find somewhere to mount it....

LC
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 0:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Crispin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are very handy. I bought one last year when we had a power failure during the snow. Hooked it to the boiler, some lights and the all important TV. The TV and fridge, which I tried briefly, did not appreciate the modified sine. Most things would be pretty happy with it, some motors sound like they running rough and get hotter with them.

Curious, did the angle grinder sound normal or not? I tried a drill on mine, to test the above, and it sounded harsh and unhappy.

Still handie pieces of kit though.
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it was fine. It started up much slower and not entirely sure that it was as fast, but no loss of torque when I started cutting.

LC
Supra,Sean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 15:43    Post subject: Re: 1000 what? Reply with quote

Landcrusher wrote:
Bought a 1000 watt (modified sine wave) inverter from Maplin this weekend. Tried it today, not actually expecting much. OK OK, so if you have one, you'll be over the surprise already. Ran my Bosch angle grinder and cut through 20mm box section. How cool are they?

Really impressed. Came with proper thick leads and everything. Now if I can only find somewhere to mount it....

LC

er how about in my LC lol  Laughing  Laughing

I run a 200w inverter which runs my laptop no problems and other stuff when needed but nothing to big lol
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah! What a great idea.

Hey, hang on a minute.... ahh you nearly had me there.

Wise Guy.  Cool  Cool  Cool

LC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Electrics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: