All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Air con filter cleaning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crispin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 21:23    Post subject: Air con filter cleaning Reply with quote

Anyone with a 120 ever checked the filter behind the glove box? I had my glove box out this weekend for carputer and decided to find and check the filter. It was filthy. Full of leaves, dead bees, wasps and an untold amount of bugs. Once all shaken off, you saw a layer of dust. A few minutes with a vacuum cleaner got rid of this but the filter is so fine I suspect it is not of the cleanable type. Will see from Mr-T during the week how much a new one costs.

Not that, coming into winter (were we ever out?) a clean dust filter is top of my list in the UK Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 21:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had an awful smell in the car when we first got it - that filter was full of leaves and other *beep*, ao I bought a decent new one and it's been great inside ever since.  I'll find who I got mine from and let you know - was about £19.00 and a higher spec than the standard one - better filter spec for pollens etc.

Cheers
Crispin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

please do. I did think the standard one was a bit course to stop actual dust.
Boff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took my filter out the other day and it was a blue print one not from Mr T might be a bit cheaper.

Also stating the bleeding obvious making the filter tighter (smaller holes) will mean it will block a lot quicker so you will need to service it more regularly basically if you halve the hole diameters then it is going to block some thing like 4 times as fast
Nuclear Chicken
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the air-con/ pollen filter. I replaced mine relatively recently and it was about £12 if I recall. Give it a vac if you're stuck but they're not cleanable elements really. Flimsy little blighter for the money.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine from puravent - this is what I got, and it's been absolutely perfect:

Puravent

Cheers
Crispin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but why not the Mr-T one? You a sneezer? Wink I have no complaints about mine. I don't "suffer" from hay fever and have yet to drive down a dusty dirt road and think "I wish I had a better filter".

I did call Mr-T but could not remember my reg plate. Without it the guy would not budge on tell me what they had. He did say it would be between £20-£30 though.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm - junior is prone to getting asthma.  And I thought 'If I'm going to pay £20 for a little bittty filter I may as well get the best one I can' and so far this one's done fine - Mr T's was more than the £20 I paid I think (and also  my local didn't have and the one I ordered arrived next day delivery ...)
Nuclear Chicken
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Indeed, that Puravent job is about 1000000 times better than the Toyo replacement I fitted. Must get one! Nice one Gary. I do have hay fever but I'm not one bit convinced they make the slightest bit of defference to it anyway. I just want less dust in the LC, period.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: