NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Bluetooth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrahamW

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 15:38    Post subject: Bluetooth Reply with quote

I have a 2004 Amazon with the blutooth phone connection. Above 5mph you lose the ability to dial numbers. Now I know this is deliberate to stop people dialling whilst driving, but is there any way of disabling it so you can dial whilst on the move.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 15:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 17:23    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth Reply with quote

GrahamW wrote:
I have a 2004 Amazon with the blutooth phone connection. Above 5mph you lose the ability to dial numbers. Now I know this is deliberate to stop people dialling whilst driving, but is there any way of disabling it so you can dial whilst on the move.

No! apparently
You could put the numbers in quick dial, and that works when moving
Steve
realspeed

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand the reasons for the 5mph cut off, but it does seem that Toyota didn't think that just maybe there is a passanger in the front seat who may want to use the dialing facility. After all the purpose of bluetooth is so that anyone in the vehicle can use hands free, at least with the setup in the Landcruiser, subject to which or whose phone is being used.
Surely it is up to the driver to be sensible and not dial at speed. So if there is an override I would like to know also.

Realspeed
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

realspeed wrote:
I can understand the reasons for the 5mph cut off, but it does seem that Toyota didn't think that just maybe there is a passanger in the front seat who may want to use the dialing facility. After all the purpose of bluetooth is so that anyone in the vehicle can use hands free, at least with the setup in the Landcruiser, subject to which or whose phone is being used.
Surely it is up to the driver to be sensible and not dial at speed. So if there is an override I would like to know also.

Realspeed

Hi realspeed,
You comment is noted, and that is possable, the passanger can dial out, by just dialing on the phone, and if it is connected via bluetooth, it will just connect through the system,

It can be a bit of a nuisance, if say the wife wants to make a priviate call and have forgotton to disconect the bluetooth.

Steve
GrahamW

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radiotwo
Yes you can dial from the phone but you do not get a ringing tone so it is not easy to determine when the other party answer. So this is not a good work around particularly if you are dialling a reception.
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamW wrote:
Radiotwo
Yes you can dial from the phone but you do not get a ringing tone so it is not easy to determine when the other party answer. So this is not a good work around particularly if you are dialling a reception.

Hi Graham,

Not too sure what you mean, If for example my phone is logged onto the bluetooth, and say my wife picked up my phone, and dials out, after a couple of seconds delay the screen pops up,and says "talking" and when the person answers you can talk handsfree.

Steve
GrahamW

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve
When I have tried the method you describe, our receptionist has reported that for a couple of seconds after she answers it sounds like she has picked up a dead line and is virtually in the process of hanging up before conntact is made.
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham,

I wonder if its the type of Phone, what have you got?

Steve
GrahamW

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve

Nokia 6310i

Graham
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure that the 6310i is not fully compliant to the Bluetooth Headset profile and Serial port profile that the bluetooth carkits use. Think the first Nokia that was compliant fully is the 6230 and 6230i.

I had the same problems with the bluetooth kit I fitted to my Cruiser (Parrot system). Ended up with a wired system with changeable cradles in the end.
GrahamW

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Andy. I have a spare 6230i so I will try that. Could also answer the question why I can't import my phone book.

Graham
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Agan

The phones we have are Ericsson T610 and my wife has a Motorola V500,and I have never tried her phone, with the dialing out, but have done it with mine.

Steve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: