Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

TOWBAR ELECTRICS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Silver Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 17:31    Post subject: TOWBAR ELECTRICS Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a 98' Amazon 4.7V8.

It has a tow pack plate fitted and I have atached a tow ball. Before I attempt the wiring in of the electrics - is there a simple solution i.e do they have pre-wired connections available?

Regards

Andrew
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 17:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DaveN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly on the 80 series, there's a plug behind one of the rear light clusters. So I should think the 100 is the same.
The Silver Bear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you - I will take a look. Andrew
Grimbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried asking your local tow bar supplier? probably have to get pre wired loom of them anyway. Dare i say try Toyota ?
The Silver Bear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I have the loom/cable and socket, am hoping to go into a main dealer this weekend if I have a chance - was just wondering if anyone else had completed this as a DIY effort.
bungle1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 20:20    Post subject: Tow Bar Electrics Reply with quote

Hi,

I fitted a wiring kit earlier this year simplicity. Part No. GBNGA TRO55
00066-0105TR.
You cannot do anything wrong the plugs and sockets will only fit the correct ones on the vehicle(some of which have protective covers) just remove them and plug in the one that fits its that simple.

Got mine on ebat £5.00

Best of luck Bungle 1
The Silver Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you - events over took this past weekend so never managed to get around to it. This should make life easier.

Regards

Andrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: