4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

SRS Air bag light? LC4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SANDCASTLE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 13:55    Post subject: SRS Air bag light? LC4 Reply with quote

Happy Christmas all I hope Santa was good to you all. Ha Ha HO HO.

Can any one help me with a SRS airbag fault?
I was out playing in the snow and ice and had to use lowbox, as I was in low box i noticed the SRS light had come on?
After getting back onto terra firma and reselecting highbox the light stopped on, I switched off and restarted but still the light stayed on?????????

Any ideas Thanks Sandcastle

Ps Its a LC4 on a 55 Plate with 57000miles on the clock. I have had nothing but trouble with this car and it has been in and out of Mr "T"s all year.
New injectors
Recon Turbo
Sunroof Twice
Door seal
And now the SRS Airbag  light.????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Thank's Sandcastle

No one ever died of hard work? But I ain't taking any chances!!!!!
All the best for 2010
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 13:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dannyson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help at the moment re air bag light stuck on......... thats a new one for this forum I think!! ....  Crying or Very sad .  But I'm sure someone will be able to...

Out of interest - re. your sunroof - did this jam open? - did it involve stripping the whole lot out and many £££££s.  Cos mine did but just caught under the new car warranty at the time.

Sorry to hear of your woes with this car - but if you have a read through this forum you'll find your not alone by a long way.  I've no doubt we could go onto any other car forum owners club site and see long lists of problems with all makes maybe?    ....... Rolling Eyes
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't wrecked the spiral switch have you? Does cruise control and the horn still work?  If yes, try disconnecting all power for 30 minutes to see if that clears it. Otherwise off to Mr T so they can use their fancy diagnostics kit (again, by the sounds of things!!)
SANDCASTLE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gary I will try the horn and stuff thismorning ,
And as for the sunroof it was done under warranty it had new roof kit except glass and motor,then 24hrs after getting it back it jammed again and went back for a new deflector bar that had broken off by magic?
Thank,s for you advice will keep you all up to date.
   Sandcastle
Off to work, Thats Christmas over and done with then!!

No one ever died of hard work, But i ain't talking any chances.
SANDCASTLE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All

Update on the SRS light, The horn and cruise control still work fine so i can only guess the spiral switch is ok so who know's?
I have booked it in with Mr "T" for next Monday the 4th so I will post the results then.

All the best for the new year  Sandcastle. Confused
SANDCASTLE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings
 Took the LC in to have the SRS light looked at, the light had gone out about a day before i took it in, thay cleared the stored fault and said it's not uncomon to see an airbag light that comes on gets reset and never comes on again??????
We will wait an see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: