4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fitting parking sensors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon_basi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 16:10    Post subject: Fitting parking sensors Reply with quote

I am fitting my reverse parking sensors at the moment.

Does anyone know of a hole/grommet in the floorpan where I can take the sensor wires from the rear bumper to the boot and to the reverse parking light wire loom.

Regards,
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 16:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

armstrong75

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under the right hand rear, behind the bumper,  there is a connector with a cover over it's pins.
This has connections for side lights, flashers, brake lights,reversing lights and earth. I can't remember the wire colour for the reversing light but you can determine by using a voltmeter or 12v bulb.  I cut the wires off and used bullet connectors.
Under the left hand side there is a polythene drain tube that comes out under the jack storage, I pushed my wire through this same grommet.

Last edited by armstrong75 on Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:29; edited 1 time in total
simon_basi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fandooblytastic, that was very helpful.

i have the 3rd row of seats - will these stop me from pulling up the floor - cos I can't seem to figure how to get to the floor pan!
armstrong75

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon,
Why do you want to get to the floor pan?
simon_basi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what colours the wires are under the right hand side rear bumper for the reversing lights and the earth please?
armstrong75

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have re-weather proofed mine so cannot see the colours now.
All I did was lay underneath with a multimeter (double side taped to the exhaust box to save holding it), whilst the wife operated the lights, flashers, ignition and reverse gear shift and I wrote down which pin was which.
The only pin that didn't produce 12 volts was then the earth, quite simple really especially as the wires have stripes and dashes which are quite difficult to discern whilst laying on your back with a torch!
Nor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, you will find the reversing light power behind the jack storage as well.  That's where my dealer-fitted parking sensors are connected.
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:19    Post subject: wiring colours Reply with quote

RB/WB   That is what it shows for the series 100/105 in the Haynes book 98 to 2004
so it's red and black and white and black ..hope this helps ..  
Keith  Very Happy
armstrong75

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon,
Have you fitted your reversing aid yet?

Thanks to your link I have just fitted the 5S from Visual Promotions.
It has been reasonably straight forward, make sure that the the middle two sensors are not mounted too high on the bumper as there is metal behind the top.

If it's not too late for you, there is much better access from under the near side rear which is covered by an oval, plastic blanking plate.
This can be pushed out from inside after removing the trim.
I drilled a 13mm hole in the centre in the centre ot the plate to allow the sensor plugs to pass through, then sealed it with caravan flexible mastic.
The micro-processor unit is mounted between the jack housing and the back of the car.

It works at treat and seems accurate, I tested it by reversing up to my wheelie bin (it's plastic), so less damage had it been less accurate!

Well chuffed, thanks for the link.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: