Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

programming new key, any help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sky dog
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 22:30    Post subject: programming new key, any help please Reply with quote

hi all, ive read though the alarms section and got totaly confused about programming a new key for my 02 colorado. i got a blank key with a reconditioned transponder from a shop in yorkshire via the internet, when i bought the vehicle it had one key fob and one metal key, i tried the metal key with the fob key near the ignition and the imobiliser light went out and the engine started. my thinking was that if i could programme the new fob i would then go and get it cut at a lock smiths. i tried the method of key in the ignition and turn from lock to on 4 times, open and close the door 5 times, remove the key, insert 2nd key and leave at on position for 1 minute. it worked on the 2nd atemp, i thought oh yes, the the engine stopped and i thought oh noooo, the the original key would not start the engine either, ithought oh beep, i then pushed the unlock button several times and then the key worked, any advice would be greatly received, the dealers want £160 for a key and to programme it, a bit steep me thinks Surprised
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 22:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

4runner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got it working last year- thread here:

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5253&highlight=alarm

2013 Hilux Invincible
Subaru Forester XT
D4D Yaris
sky dog
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks for the reply, did you use the master key reset or the sub key reset, they vary on the number of times the key is turned and the door is openend, i would like to get it right before i get that oh beep feeling again Laughing
4runner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it was the master reset - as the blank key i got was another master.

i had to do two sets of programming the new key

1) to programme the immoblisliser transponder on the new key
2) programme for remote central locking/alarm

i will see if still have the pages i printed out later on when i get home

it did take me a few attempts before i got the sequence right and both updates worked

i too had an "oh beep" moment when i thought I had scr&$ed up the original master key!

2013 Hilux Invincible
Subaru Forester XT
D4D Yaris
sky dog
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks for your help
4runner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the documentation i had for reprogramming the lock/unlock buttons
i did this after getting the immobiliser transponder programmed using method on the link i posted earlier today

Programming instructions for Remote Key Buttons

Several folks have been looking for the programming instructions to add keyless remotes to their LC...This works for 98-03 as far as I know.

These instructions have been tested and worked when I added a new keyless remote for my LC 2000 (I have limited mechanical ability and it was relatively easy)

You must have a working master key ..If your adding a new remote key you should have the key cut and program the transponder for the key, the correct instructions are listed in several spots already...you must be able to start the car with the key...

TO PROGRAM THE LOCK/UNLOCK /PANIC BUTTONS:

1.) Turn Key off..remove key from switch and open drivers door.

2.) Insert key into ignition switch and remove

3.) Lock & unlock power door locks from drivers door switch 5 times @ 1 second intervals.

4.) close & open drivers door

5.) Lock & unlock power door locks from drivers door switch 5 times @ 1 second intervals

6.) Insert Key into ignition switch and turn from lock to on  once and remove key  (another place said twice - try once first)

7.) Door Locks will cycle automatically from lock to unlock twice to confirm program mode has been entered.

8.) Take the first remote, press & hold for 1.5 seconds the unlock and lock buttons simultaniously... and release...then press the lock button for one second and release...If successful the system will cycle the locks from lock to unlock...

Important-You need to repeat step 8 for each remote you want programmed..when all your remotes are programmed moved to step 9

9.) Insert ignition key and remove to exit programming mode..

It is really very easy if you follow the steps careful and takes less than 5 minutes.

My only advice is pay attention to the time intervals and don't rush..."""

AND ON ANOTHER THREAD
Success! I finally was able to correctly program the buttons on my new Master key. I tried to attach the directions I found in another forum which worked for me but .pdf files are not allowed.

These differed from Bert's directions in step 6. From Bert's directions I was entering the system into "rewrite" mode by turning the ignition on/off twice instead of once and entering the "add" mode.

Following the directions as Bert supplied but changing step 6 to only one on/off cycle did the trick.

Once I made the adjustment, it worked on the first try. Life is great when little things like this work.
-----------------
I recently purchased a 2001 LC with one remote key and bought a second remote key off of e-bay. Programmed the transponder easy enough but I could not get the system to recognize the existing or new remote.

I did all the steps to get into program mode but everytime I pressed the unlock/lock button for the 1.5 seconds and then pressed the lock button for a second, the door locks would cycle twice (existing and new key).

I finally got it to accept the keys by pressing the unlock/lock button and releasing immediately, and pressing the lock button and releasing immediately. The doors locks cycled once for each key, and both keys worked fine after exiting program mode. YMMV - but it worked for me.

2013 Hilux Invincible
Subaru Forester XT
D4D Yaris
sky dog
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

again many thanks for your efforts and the information, i will give it a go, its better than paying main dealer prices any day  Very Happy
faniemalherbe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an '02 Colie D4D LWB version and had to do this last week. There is two sets of programming: 1- Programming the key buttons (lock/unlock) and 2- Programming the immobilizer

I could'nt get a key with the right shaped blade and since my only original was already bent I ordered one from MrT (£160) and programmed it myself... Wel got it working after the fith attempt...

This worked for my (KDJ95)
TO PROGRAM THE IMMOBILIZER (Do this first)
1.) All doors closed - no key in ignition
2.) Insert MASTER key
3.) Turn key from LOCK to ON five times (x5 and end on ON)
4.) Open & close the driver's door six times (x6)
5.) Remove Master key
6.) Insert New key and wait 60-70 seconds
7.) Remove New key
8.) Open & Close driver's door to End

TO PROGRAM THE LOCK/UNLOCK /PANIC BUTTONS:

1.) Turn Key off..remove key from switch and open drivers door.

2.) Insert key into ignition switch and remove (don't turn it)

3.) Lock & unlock power door locks from drivers door switch 5 times @ 1 second intervals.

4.) close & open drivers door

5.) Lock & unlock power door locks from drivers door switch 5 times @ 1 second intervals

6.) Insert Key into ignition switch and turn from lock to on twice and remove key  

7.) Door Locks will cycle automatically from lock to unlock twice to confirm program mode has been entered.

8.) Take the original remote, BRIEFLY press the unlock and lock buttons simultaniously... and release...then press the lock button and release...If successful the system will cycle the locks from lock to unlock... (Repeat step 8.) for replacement key)

Important-You need to repeat step 8 for each remote you want programmed..when all your remotes are programmed moved to step 9

9.) Insert ignition key and remove to exit programming mode..
smokeydan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is starting to drive me nuts! I've tried the procedure described here (and a variation I found in a Toyota diagnostics document) repeatedly, but with no success.

As the car came to me with just one key and one two button remote fob, I'm wondering if the key I have might not be the master key? Does anyone know if it needs to be the master key for this procedure to work?

Or might it be that this set of instructions somehow doesn't relate to my car? I've read that the procedure for some 80 series is different, and involves pressing a green "programming button" on the remote locking/alarm module. Has anyone heard of this in a Colorado?

cheers

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: