Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Please rate the 2Gether Insurance club scheme

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Please rate 2Gether FS
Excellent - will be hard to beat!
55%
 55%  [ 38 ]
Very good
20%
 20%  [ 14 ]
Average
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Below par!
15%
 15%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 69

shaun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanted over £700. don't think so
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 19:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

tlocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaun wrote:

Hi Shaun,

I do know that 2Gether are constantly developing existing schemes and taking on new ones,  - quotes like this should become fewer as time goes on however, having worked on computer systems for insurance brokers, I do know that there are loads of factors outside the control of the broker that will have a negative effect on policy quotes - from something as simple as your postcode, to something more complex, such as the sum of a broker's 'risk factors'.

Simon thumbright

RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

tlocuk wrote:
shaun wrote:

Hi Shaun,

I do know that 2Gether are constantly developing existing schemes and taking on new ones,  - quotes like this should become fewer as time goes on however, having worked on computer systems for insurance brokers, I do know that there are loads of factors outside the control of the broker that will have a negative effect on policy quotes - from something as simple as your postcode, to something more complex, such as the sum of a broker's 'risk factors'.

Simon thumbright

Well I did a quote yesterday, and when it got to the end it said they would have to contact me ! how long does it take for them to get in touch ? I have been sat at the side of the phone all day !

But the possibility why they did not give me the quote was I was asked was there any mods ? I was honest and said I had a tow bar !

and reading some of the responses on here they sound as if they are going to be expensive, But Simon your comments on the post code being the reason for high quotes, would that not be the case for any other quotes?

So its not a good advert for the company if they cannot phone the next day after a quote and all seem to be very quotes

Radiotwo
waxlyrical1964

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 18:48    Post subject: landcruiser VX4.8 petrol insurance Reply with quote

not competative @ £350 and no business cover, currently £220 with Bell (part of admiral) including business cover.  not due for another 3 months but will call and see if we can get a better price on the phone or understand why there is a big difference!
shaun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got my renewal from my existing company and it is £265 fully comp,inc a bar and spot lights,a lot different to £700.
idrubie
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the form, filled in a detailed mods sheet, got the we will need to contact you page and now 7 days later still nothing.  In my case a complete waste of time.

Ian
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

idrubie wrote:
Did the form, filled in a detailed mods sheet, got the we will need to contact you page and now 7 days later still nothing.  In my case a complete waste of time.

Ian

Hi Ian

Sounds identical to mine, all I filled in was a towbar and will contact you ! I did mine a week ago yesterday (Monday) and still no phone call
or even a message saying "we have called"

So if they cannot be bothered getting money off you ! how would they be if you had to claim ?

Radiotwo
tlocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

RADIOTWO wrote:
idrubie wrote:

Ian

Hi Ian

Sounds identical to mine, all I filled in was a towbar and will contact you ! I did mine a week ago yesterday (Monday) and still no phone call
or even a message saying "we have called"

This is odd, and I will follow it up - the new systems 2gether have in place should mean they are keeping on top of call-backs scratch

RADIOTWO wrote:
So if they cannot be bothered getting money off you ! how would they be if you had to claim ?

Radiotwo

No worries there - the broker isn't involved in claims handling - the underwriter appoints a claim-handler - the details will be with your policy docs Wink

Simon thumbright

SimonD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the update on this? If you read 2gether's testimonials on here it goes from good to bad from 2006 to 2010. I am trying to source a policy and was told by 2Gether that they didn't have anybody to deal with my request when i called so i've been trying others. However I'd consider them if others who are not linked to them still suggest they are worth it. Don't try Frank Pickles though - they are scared of roof tents Twisted Evil
tapitout

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubbish quote, they wanted £300 more than ecar.
Birder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to get a quote on a HZJ75 pickup, called them, they could not find the vehicle in their system so will have to call me back, they said within a day, its several days and nothing. Sorry to say they seem a bit of a waste of time. but i hope not.

Update 30/9/10: Called then again and they still did not have the quote, I went through with Simon and showed him a picture of the truck, he said he would come back to me.

I called an hour later and it seems that they have 8 staff in total but only 4 were in, However Simon called me back in a few minutes to say he was working on the quote at that time and he would quote me before 6:00pm.

They seem like nice guys but like all insurance systems these days if your Cruiser is anything other than standard so not on the list they have to phone for a quote to the underwriters and Simon said the office was a bit manic.

To be fair i dont think they are even aware of any link to the club at all.
Birder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its a hour past the time they said they promissed to quote by so I think I am wasting my time
Birder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i waited for half the day and still nothing, so i called them, had all the normal excuses and they had 2 quotes on their system, one for a Prado and one for a HZJ75 which was £100 more than my normal broker

Sorry to say these are a bit of a waste of time
faniemalherbe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:37    Post subject: Insurance Reply with quote

To their credit after reading all the posts I called them rather than fill in the online form. Very polite gentleman asked all the questions and well the usual prices have gone up considerably excuses...

Anyway, they did not even bother to quote me as their cheapest was more than double of my renewal at my current insurance...

Best advice I can give is to have a lot of patience and start phoning around...
johnnystrom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not impressed.
I spoke to them last week about a car that they already insure for a forum member (which I am buying), and they went through the usual questions. When it came to "where will it be kept at night" I said, "on the street". They said they can't insure for that. Fair enough. So I went away, put one of the cars on the drive on e bay which will be gone by the end of this week, and then called them back this morning to say that there will now be space on the drive for it. Only to be told that they still have to take my first answer from last week, and so can't offer a quote for it! Not very helpful. And particularly annoying given that no other insurance companies seem to be able to quote for it as they can't find the model on their databases (it's a 70 series import from Australia). Any other insurance broker recommendations?
Thanks, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: