Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Confused central locking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BRUM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 19:22    Post subject: Confused central locking Reply with quote

Anyone got experience of sorting out a confused central locking system?  
Whilst washing the LC the other day I opened the o/s rear pass door and the locking system operated.  Thought no more of it until I tried to lock the vehicle with the remote and nothing happened other than the faint sound of (I assume) a relay clicking.  Also, the central locking will now operate every time I turn the ignition off after a journey.  Using the key in the driver's door opens the door but doesn't operate the central locking.  The switch in the door panel appears to work ok.  I assume I've got water somewhere it shouldn't be, or a broken wire, but before I start pulling it apart thought I'd ask if anyone else had any ideas?  I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes to see if that reset anything but it didn't appear to make any difference at all.

Any advice gratefully received.

Brum
'98 4.7V8
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 19:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:42    Post subject: remote Reply with quote

open the drivers door only make sure others are shut ..put key in ignition and turn on ingniton to almost fire up ..press top button 5 times in quick succession and you will hear a series of beeps turn off igniton and remove key ..shut door and click top button to activate remote locks .. wallah .. worked for me .. post back if alls well /not well someone can sort you out on here i bet ..
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

if that don't work   press and hold both buttons for 10 seconds until a beep is heard  whilst in the ignition and turned to ON
HOPE this Helps
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

second thoughts change the battery in the key .. quite easy to do

oh ..decisions ..decisions .. i'll get my coat ..

Laughing
BRUM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.  Unfortunately neither of the suggestions seem to be working for me.

I might be missing something, but so far no beeps to indicate that the vehicle has registered that I'm trying to do anything with either method.
I'm starting with all doors except driver's shut but unlocked and working through the open driver's door.

I've got a transponder key (which is a master key and seems to work ok, no problem starting the vehicle and the immobiliser light goes out as soon as I insert the key) with the remote central locking/alarm controls on a two button key fob.

The fob seems to be working in that the alarm switches on and off as expected, so I'm assuming the remote's battery is ok, but the central locking doesn't operate in unison.  It's as if the central locking is out of sync with everything else, e.g. locking all the doors when I turn off the ignition.  (I know you can set the system to automatically lock all the doors when you turn the ignition on).  This is why I wondered if there was a way of "re-setting" the remote locking system.  I'm getting a few bits of info together from various sources about installing and testing the alarm system (TVSS IV-S)and programming keys and remotes, but so far no mention of what to do when the central locking messes about.

I didn't realise the alarm system is fitted to the vehicle when it arrives in the UK so it's not covered in the Toyota workshop manuals, there is a seperate installation and setting manual which my local Toyota dealer copied for me (Fish Brothers, Swindon).  So if anyone's interested in any info or a copy.....

Meanwhile, happy to receive further suggestions before breaking out the trim removing tools......
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the haynes manaual on remotes is
to test the operation of the transmitter,hold the key/pad close to a portable radio tuned to FM 94.0 ensure the speaker is on and press the button , interference should be heard  if not a flat battery is indicated
there is also a section on reprogramming that i am attempting to scan and copy as i write ..anyone who wants the copy e-mail me or im me please
Keith
andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got some links for the TVSS alarms.

http://hdcruisers.angeltowns.net/index.html

http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/alarminfo/alarminfo.htm

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/technical/tz_alarm_manual.htm
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
BRUM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy for the links - goes to show it's all out there somewhere, just gotta find it.

Keith - Thanks for the print of the Haynes manual.  I assume it's the Australian one covering the 100 series diesel?  Looks like a useful thing to have.

I'll let you know if I manage to sort things out.

Thanks again for your help.
BRUM

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 22:29    Post subject: Confused central locking Reply with quote

It's not confused anymore!

Don't believe people when they tell you that a problem always gets worse if you leave it......

Driving to work over Xmas, switched the car off and, hey presto, everything back to normal.  (Santa must have thought I'd been a good boy this year)

This leads me to believe it was connected to water ingress in some way, as the whole problem started when I was washing the car and gave it a couple of good dousings with the bucket (damn those hosepipe bans).  I'm assuming over time it dried out and started behaving again.

Fingers crossed that's the end of it, but we'll see what happens if it ever gets doused again.  (Could stop washing it I suppose, but it looks so nice when it's shiny).

Who'd have thought that Santa Claus was a Toyota trained vehicle technician.  Gotta do something for the other 364 days I suppose.  At main dealer rates no wonder he can afford all those presents.
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

makes me think you will have to pay for a top rated carwash with a hot air blow dry Rolling Eyes  do the immigrants do one in swindon .. there again the cars worth it .. great to hear alls well tho'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: