All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Hello and choices choices ! (sorry it's long !)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gundogs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 16:59    Post subject: Hello and choices choices ! (sorry it's long !) Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm Penelope, from Surrey, and I'm currently trying to make a car choice.....
I drive a Vauxhall Zafira at the mo, 05 plate, it's done 18k.  I drive a lot with my job, with animals in my car, usually dogs and cats, for films and commercials.
It has become apparent lately that my current car isn't quite up to the job, and I need something sturdier, as on occasion I do go off road, on location, or even just down very muddy unmade roads etc.  Last week's snow here in Surrey was a nightmare in my car, no roads were gritted and I was sliding all over the place, with 3 dogs and 5 cats in the car - very scary....
Soooo, I'm hoping you knowledgable people can help me make a choice - today I went to look at a Nissan X trail, and also the Pathfinder.  Neither really struck me to be honest, although the Pathfinder is a great big car, it didn't feel particularly "tough".  The X trail is about the same size as my car, and provides the same amount of space in the load area, which is where my own 5 dogs travel, so that has to be at least 100cm x 100cm.  the X trail has a painted bumper sill, useless with dogs jumping in and out of the car, it will be scratched in days ....

So, that brings me here - and to the possibility of a Landcruiser (Colorado)....  I know Toyota are fab, everyone I know who has one raves about it.... I would prefer an auto, as I am often stuck in London traffic (or on the M25) and hate the 1st gear, 2nd, 1st, 2nd scenario... so an auto diesel might be a possibility....

Once I've sold my car I should have about 12 - 14 k to spend.

Any advice please ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 16:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Grimbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, welcome  Very Happy , lots of people on this site have Colorado's or 90's as they can be known, also known as Parado's ( these are the imported ones).
Best advice-
1, Test drive several, try and find one at a Toyota Dealers, the lower mileage and newer the better, even if you can't afford this one. Use this vehicle / test drive to give you an idea what a good one is like to drive.
2, Don't rule out imports, they are often in better condition and spec than a UK vehicle of the same age.
3, Condition of the vehicle is often more important than mileage.
4, DON'T trust second-hand car salesman, get an AA or RAC vehicle inspection on any vehicle before you buy, if the seller won't let you then walk away.
5, Have a look at the relavent forum on this site, don't be put of buy some posts, Landcruisers are very reliable but parts can be expensive.
6, Don't be talked into buying a Landrover Discovery or Freelander, I have no prejudice, they are just unreliable and can be expensive to fix.
7, Ask as many questions as you want here on this site, advice is free and friendly.  Very Happy   Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: