4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Leak Into Passenger Footwell

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixture Rich wrote:

The last remaining problem is a vibration when braking. It is most evident when braking on a smooth road. I suspect a warped brake disk. I'll tackle this one later in the week.

Have a look at this pic.  No warpage, just not used (hard) enough.  The innermost 1/3 of the inside of the disk is all rusty lumps.  Visible only when you take the hub off, or the caliper and check carefully.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 23:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

ewald

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushburywolf wrote:
fuel pump soleniod fault ..costly .. search on here for fuel pump solenoid  answers are  here on this forum ..
Amazon100

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 23:57    Post subject: Timing Valve Pics Reply with quote

Leakage on passenger foot well mat

[img]http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee487/bowlerhatman/?action=view&current=Picture003.jpg&newest=1#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1230.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fee487%2Fbowlerhatman%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DPicture015.jpg%26newest%3D1[/img]

Covers for the fuel injection pump

[img]http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee487/bowlerhatman/?action=view&current=Picture003.jpg&newest=1#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1230.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fee487%2Fbowlerhatman%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DPicture015.jpg%26newest%3D1[/img]

The old and new timing valve assembly side by side.

ray8798

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 20:43    Post subject: FUEL LEAK Reply with quote

I HAD EXACTLY SAME PROBLEM ALL IT WAS WAS AN OIL SEAL ON THE FUEL INJECTION PUMP HAD GONE SO DIESEL WAS BEING PUMPED UP THE LOOM FROM THE PUMP (INSIDE THE INSULATION OF ONE OFF THE WIRES) TO THE ECU ONCE THE OIL SEALS REPLACED PROBLEM SOLVED COST ME A TOTAL OF £90 QUID (MY LOCAL MECHANIC NEW A MECHANIC AT TOYOTA  ROCHDALE AND HE HAD HAD THE FAULT BEFORE)HOPE THIS HELPS
big nick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 17:34    Post subject: Re: Leak Into Passenger Footwell Reply with quote

Mixture Rich wrote:
I have a 1999 Amazon 100 4.2 TD with 110,000 miles. For the past few months there has been a slight leak coming from behind the glove box. The leak is very slight and only appears occassionally. Sometimes overnight the leak causes a fluid to gather on the rubber floor mat. When the liquid finally disappears from the floormat it causes the mat to distort and crack (indicating that the liquid is aggressive). If I rub my hand along the panel under the glovebox the liquid gathers on my hand and can be best described as a diesel smell and texture. The air con and heater units work fine and every attempt to locate the source of the leak have been unsuccessful. Does anybody have any experience or suggestions where I should look next or what I am dealing with.

By the way this is a great site.
Hi, I have the same year/model GX and had this problem when I purchased her last year. Its the CVR console box valve and you can only get it from the manafacture of the fuel pump which is DENSO part number ZX 096360-0580 and its around £200. My local Toyota dealer got it for me and gave me a 10% discount, they charged me £120 to fit it. Apparently the valve leaks diesel into the loom which slowly creeps up and comes out just behind the glovebox. Since having it done the performance has improved along with the MPG by about 2 MPG. Hopr that helps.

big Nick
andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the pictures that Amazon 100 was trying to post, the part is known as the Timer Control Valve, bought mine from kent diesels, and as you say it was £200, but I fitted it myself, bit of a pain because as you see you need a mirror as it's right under the end of the pump.

Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy.

Can you see where the leak is coming from - is it just the O ring or is it the casing coming apart.
andy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it was just the O'ring leaking, but the credit card is lighter by £200, so might be worth a try to replace it if your up to doing the job twice, you will need a shaving mirror or similar to see what your doing under there.
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy.

I'm going to take tw modes of attack to this - first is to replace the O ring and also silicon around any potentially leaking joints in the case (I have some high temp silicon I can use), second is to seal the end of the wiring loom - again with Silicon. I figure the first should seal the leak, the second should stop any leaks coming through the wiring loom hopefully.

If that doesn't work then will have to change it but to save £200 at the moment would be a real bonus.
andy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If that doesn't work then will have to change it but to save £200 at the moment would be a real bonus.

I know how you feel mate, did that and then the anti roll rubbers then O/S/F ball joint, now the upper one needs doing, never ending spending and skint.  Sad
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
Amazon100

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

Only just realised you sorted the pictures out.  Thanks for that.

In my case the diesel appeared to have been pushed up through into the electrical connectors.  I had to take the socket of the ECU end behind the glove compartment to allow a drip, drip, drip process to take place.  Shook it a few times in a 'whipping' fashion to try and get rid of as much diesel trapped in the inner core of the electricl wiring.  Sprayed some brake cleaning fluid along the wiring and dried it all off with a rag.

Since it was replaced, fingers crossed it hasn't shown any signs of leakage.

I bought the replacement part from PF Jones Diesel (Manchester) for £170
andy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem with the pictures, it helped me a lot seeing them.
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be doing mine tomorrow, fingers crossed I can fix it without having to replace it.
Nor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did this go?  Is it possible to fix the leak of the TCV?
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nor.

Yes got it sorted in the end - got a new TCV and installed it, pretty easy job actually but then my hands were trained in fixing Mini bypass hoses back in the day so they bend 4 ways at once Smile.

I haven't yet had a look at the TCV, been too occupied with other things but I'm thinking it's not possible to fix - must take a look though, it's been sitting on my desk for a year since I replaced it.

When I replaced the TCV it took about a week for the cables to stop dripping but they are completely dry now. So much for my local Toyota dealer saying it was the air conditioning pipes leaking AC lubricant.

Cheers
Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: