4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Where to get a Certificate of conformity (CoC) for a HZJ78?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Import specific Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bikemaniac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 22:34    Post subject: Where to get a Certificate of conformity (CoC) for a HZJ78? Reply with quote

Hi,

I would like to import a brand new HZJ78 but it seems I need a certificate of conformity (CoC). Does anybody know where to get such a certificate?

Lucas Jensen
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 22:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

aroscow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

toyota
bikemaniac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from Denmark and I have asked Toyota Denmark (offical importer), but they are not willing to help. They could, but the don't want to I was told by many other people who have tried the same. I sort of feel that it really depends on the mood and local company politics if I could get one. Is the official Toyota UK more helpful?

Lucas
aroscow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lucas

On what grounds are they refusing to assist? - you could try toyota gb, if it was me i would also be on to toyota japan to ask them to advise you on where to get one,if they say toyota denmark then you can politely point out their lack of assistance/
bikemaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the phone Toyota Denmark told me that they've contacted Toyota Japan in the past asking for similar documents, but Toyota Japan refused to give them. I do not know if this is a lie, but I do know that people who are in the grey import business (and who have been asking for CoCs too) claim that they are just extremely uncooperative.

But you are right maybe I should ask them in Gibraltar ... I just thought they only would talk to people who are in the humanitarian business.

Lucas
aroscow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lucas

I'd still approach toyota japan directly and hear it from the horses mouth. And perhaps not ask can you have one but instead what information do they need to issue the document to you. Be assumptive that you will get it.

There are not natural laws that prevent you from getting the document (not like gravity, or night and day), just people not wanting to assist. A corporation is nothing, its not real, its a made up fiction, men and women give it life and men and women can be influenced to change their minds. Their is no real reason for them to withhold it except to prevent the movement of goods where they decide they dont want them to go. It's nonsense. Dont stand for it.

Dont want to teach you to suck eggs so to speak, i used to have to get lots of these and would not take no for an answer. I recall BMW and Porsche not being too helpful either. Mind you having me demanding the documents in their reception in front of clients might not have helped either. And getting peoples names, and writing them down in my notebook for later "reference by my legal team" and letters and notices of complaint also seemed to grease the wheels a bit. (It was not always like that, just on occasion when I got some officious git who wanted to try to stand in the way).

I always start with a smile and keep escalating things until they see the light of day.

Good luck.
alaric

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my CoC from Toyota Hellas (Greece) no problem - phoned them and the couriered it to me within 24 hours!

Toyota should be able to produce it!
GB2010

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 14:01    Post subject: Cert of Conformity Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if I need to get a Certificate of Conformity if I intend to import my Prado into the UK from Australia.  Prado Grande 08 Model 4.0L Auto Petrol.
wobbly

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some confusion here - to register a vehicle in the UK you can use a European Cert of Conformity if the vehicle was originally destined for a european country - otherwise it needs a Single Vehicle Approval - this applies to all non-eu countries.

I am talking about less than 10 years old.

Pete.
GB2010

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

wobbly wrote:
Some confusion here - to register a vehicle in the UK you can use a European Cert of Conformity if the vehicle was originally destined for a european country - otherwise it needs a Single Vehicle Approval - this applies to all non-eu countries.

I am talking about less than 10 years old.

Pete.

I imported my Landcruiser as a private import and it was a simple process.  You get the customs form from the import company and simply take this to the local test centre where they tested the vehicle for compliance to UK standards and give you the necessary  forms on completion to take to the DVLA where you get a new log UK log book.

As an AUstralian vehicle there should be partial agreement to UK standards but the Test centre doesnt accept that the whole vehicle complies even though Australian vehicles are fitted with a plate to say that it complies with Australian standards therefore becuase of teh reciprocal agreement that vehicles should also comply with international standards it should comply with UK requirements.

At my test centre they were concerened about the alarm system but the spare alarm fob had a CE stamp on it so that is how I demonstrated compliance and they accepted that.  Also tinted windows had the EU/CE etched onto them so again compliance demonstrated.

They found a few other issues but after discussion they approved the vehicle as I pointed out that it is the same model give or take a few features that is made for the UK market.

Anyway I found the guys at the test centre very good and would nt be put of doing it again in the future.

The worst part was obtaining insurance whilst it sat on teh drive waiting for a test date and for getting odd jobs done on it.  Most didnt want to know and I ended up paying over a grand for fully comprehensive insurance compared to about 450 for my merc which I last insured in the UK.  They are a total rip off and it is impossible to get round it as they have the industry sewn up like a monopoly cartel.

Funny also how they dont insure your Landcruiser for Off Road use when that is exactly what it is designed to do.  Again they are just showing there ignorance in applying too many restrictions and constrainsts to the cover provided.
wobbly

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a look at the website - its now called Individual Vehicle Approval rather than SVA.
rikas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:01    Post subject: Certificate of conformity Reply with quote

Toyota has a very confusing and harder system for its customers to obtain the COC. You can only get the COC from the country the vehicle was manufactured. Lets say my car is in the UK but the vehicle was manufactured in Belgium, I then have to get in touch with the dealer in Belgium to get the COC. Toyota UK can do nothing to assist you.
Ron

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have an email address or other contact details for Toyota in Japan where I can request my Certificate of Conformity?

Would be very grateful to you for that.
andy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron wrote:
Does anyone have an email address or other contact details for Toyota in Japan where I can request my Certificate of Conformity?

Would be very grateful to you for that.

It would help if you looked at this first Intro
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Ron

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. Tikje onbeleefd van me. Ben wat ongeduldig omdat het maar niet lukt een ingang voor dat CoC te vinden.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Import specific Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: