NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New boots for old

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Running gear / gearbox / suspension / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 17:29    Post subject: New boots for old Reply with quote

I have replaced my Yokohama Geolandar M/T+ size 31/10.50-15 with BFGoodrich  M/T KM2 size 285/75-16. These shots give before and after and end on views. More when I have tried them out.

Roger

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 17:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Vagabond

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookin' good  Cool
Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit more info.

Clearance under the diffs has gone up 34mm.

Tread width has gone up from 216mm to 222mm.

Tyre noise is less than expected.

Roger
nomad

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice

how much were they? if you don't mind me asking.
Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad wrote:
very nice

how much were they? if you don't mind me asking.

Silverline Wheels and Tyres of Warwick. Tel. no 01926-490002.

They are listed in the magazine adverts as £775 for 4, fitted to 8"x16" Black modulars.

When I rang to order them, Silverline told me that they didn't have any and delivery from BFGoodrich was unknown. This was a similar story from Kumho with regards to their KL71's.

I rang the number listed by Goodrich as their info centre to find that it was the Michelin company technical helpline. apparently Michelin own BFGoodrich. "Just had 4 returned due to incorrect ordering, I will check them out and come back to you". True to his word he did, tyres where in Stoke, with my name on them. They were delivered next day to Silverline and I collected them that afternoon.

In this day of indifferent service coupled with bad attitudes it was refreshing to find two companies who came up trumps.

Roger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Running gear / gearbox / suspension / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: