2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

strange noise!!! HJ62

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PURDY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 22:40    Post subject: strange noise!!! HJ62 Reply with quote

I have a strange noise coming from inside, cant exactly find its whereabouts, sort of a whinning noise goes after a while( when hot?) i dont think its gear box,but speedo drive or heater? ring any bells? Cheers Andy.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 22:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

lclascaris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 14:22    Post subject: Re: strange noise!!! HJ62 Reply with quote

PURDY wrote:
I have a strange noise coming from inside, cant exactly find its whereabouts, sort of a whinning noise goes after a while( when hot?) i dont think its gear box,but speedo drive or heater? ring any bells? Cheers Andy.

Hello Andy,

Are you the Andy that bought those parts from me?

Is the noise coming from inside/front of the vehicle?

If it's coming from the heater box area it could be the blower motor fans that are making the noise. Does it only make the noise when the fans are on?

I noticed one of your other posts refering to a whinning noise, did you get that sorted? As that sounds like a clutch release bearing, does the sound go when you depress the clutch pedal?

HJ62??? Shocked  I think you will find that it will be either an HJ60(non-turbo) or HJ61(turbo model) the only 62 series that was made was an FJ62 which was the petrol version. Your chassis number will confirm it though, I may be wrong? Rolling Eyes

Regards

Lewis
PURDY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lewis, all these noises! should just turn the stereo up,think ive solved it though,speedo drive cable! I always thought the 60 had round headlights and the 62 had the square lights, same non turbo engine,except the late jap ones that  had the turbo engine[not imported here ].HJ = diesel. FJ =petrol. Anyway have fitted all those parts finally. Cheers Andy
lclascaris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

PURDY wrote:
Hi lewis, all these noises! should just turn the stereo up,think ive solved it though,speedo drive cable! I always thought the 60 had round headlights and the 62 had the square lights, same non turbo engine,except the late jap ones that  had the turbo engine[not imported here ].HJ = diesel. FJ =petrol. Anyway have fitted all those parts finally. Cheers Andy

Hello Andy, I'm glad you got it sorted. I see your vehicle occassionally, it looks great.....I miss my HJ60. I still have my Hilux Surf which is great, but if a rust free HJ60 came along I would sell it instantly. Surprised

Were you in Merton the other week??? I saw an HJ60, & I thought it looked like yours.

I was unsure in the beginning  of which model was a 60, 61 or 62 series. The conclusion that I have come to after much research is as follows.

HJ60 (diesel engine) round or square headlamps.
FJ60 (petrol engine) round headlamps.
FJ62 (petrol engine) square headlamps.
HJ61 (turbo diesel engine) square headlamps only I think, & I think this came with a higher roof line, as there is a web site in Japan that can export these vehicles. I wonder if these ones are rust free!!! Rolling Eyes

Of course there are HJ60's out there that have had a retro-fit turbo fitted, the way to check though is look at your chassis number & HJ60 should be incorporated into yours.

Regards

Lewis
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

lclascaris wrote:

HJ60 (diesel engine) round or square headlamps.
FJ60 (petrol engine) round headlamps.
FJ62 (petrol engine) square headlamps.
HJ61 (turbo diesel engine) square headlamps only I think, & I think this came with a higher roof line, as there is a web site in Japan that can export these vehicles. I wonder if these ones are rust free!!! Rolling Eyes

Lewis

This info is correct except either a high or low could be fitted but generally the 61 and 62 had the high roof.
In some countries like Australia the FJ/HJ60 was offered for sale at the same time as the 61/62 series.
In South America they could still be bought new in 92.
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Triumph Rocket3 08 with Jardines and Tuneboy Wink
Honda XR650L
1988 HJ61 turbo diesel with windas that slide Wink  Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: